I am hopefully getting some (disposable) money here soon, and I am wanting to buy a Traynor Amp. I dont know if I should buy the YCV 40 or the YCV50BLUE The problem is the Blue puts me a little bit over the amount I want to spend but if it is way better then I would do it.

I am trying out for a local rock band here, and right now I cant be heard at all. I would be playing clubs, and jamming with some LOUD bandmates. I play mostly rock, classic rock, hard rock, and some blues. THe heaviest I would go is probally Metallica.

I was also looking at the Peavey Valveking, but am leaning towards one of the Traynors.

Thanks

EDIT: There is also a YCV80 up here.... Will that be too loud? I will like to play this at my house sometimes too.
Last edited by stangconv at Oct 26, 2007,
Where in Canada do you live? I'd check your local craigslist, you maybe be able to find a YCV40 for cheaper.

I wouldn't say the Blue is better, just different. Both are good for what you play, and both will be more than enough volume. I never turn up more than halfway ina fullband situation.
I've written a review on the YCV40, if you wanna read more on it.
^^^ I live in the Edmonton Alberta area... I have seen a couple but they werent much less, then what you could get off of ebay, and at least you get the warranty.

I saw a used YCV 40 in a pawnshop for 500 bucks,
If you're gonna go metallica, get the blue, it's got a better speaker, and EL34's for more bite than the ycv40
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra