This just really sucks. My former Spanish teacher was found dead in his home either yesterday or today, can't remember exactly. They are saying he basically drunk himself to death. While he was my teacher he had a small drinking problem but he was still the coolest guy in the world. It all seemed to be kept in reason until one time he came into class drunk off his ass and was fired for it. I think after that he just must have went into a downward spiral and became a major alcoholic. Anyway, a few friends and I are planning on going to his funeral Sunday. Afterwards we're gonna be drinkin' some Jack just for him. It was his drink of choice...

Anyone else experience the death of a teacher?
Yeah, an old teacher at our school [she left before i was there] passed from cancer. Even though a large majority of the school was too young to have been taught by her, as she had to leave early because of chemotherapy and she just couldnt manage, but when she passed, the atmosphere around school was terrible, everyone was so sad.
HTH, you're smart; why would you do the same thing that led to his death?
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Sorry to hear that, tragic. Instead of firing him they should have tried to find some help. So he could get back on his feet.

^ yeah, since your taking Spanish i'm assuming your in highschool. Maybe underage drinking in his name might be something to reconsider.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
My old economics/marketing teacher died basically in class.
He had a seizure infront of the class, at his desk. Rushed him to the hospital, but he passed away there.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
my favourite science teacher hung himself at the YMCA that you can SEE FROM THE SCHOOL, last year. He was so awesome. I cried, in front of a whole group of girls, and my guidence councler. They found it cute that I was actually crying... but it was really sad. That's one way to show them that Gee Marerro wears (small amounts of) eyeliner. =\. But it was devastating, and I still can't really believe it. Three years after I had him as a teacher, i still visited him and helped him out with labs and such. And I haven't visited his room since the 'accident'. *e-man-hug* hey,it gets better with time.
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
1000 e-cookies for being from Jersey AND liking MCR

"Don't worry old girl, dry those tears from your eyes, something better's bound to come around sometime. Lets go." I Am A Graveyard - Shotglass Supersition.
Quote by crazynickman
HTH, you're smart; why would you do the same thing that led to his death?

No no no, we're not gonna sit around for the entire day getting shit faced. We're just gonna have a shot in memory of him.
I'm sorry but, doing the same thing that killed him doesn't sound smart
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
An art teacher from the local middle school that everyone from my high school loved died about 2 years ago...I moved after everyone had him for art class and so I never had him, but people were crying all day and there was a huge vigil...I never knew it but he touched a lot of lives.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Sorry to hear that, tragic. Instead of firing him they should have tried to find some help. So he could get back on his feet.

^ yeah, since your taking Spanish i'm assuming your in highschool. Maybe underage drinking in his name might be something to reconsider.

Yeah I think firing him would only encourage more drinking, probably not the best move on their part...

And I think if theres one thing you should from this is to not drink, but if it feels necessary, well then enjoy.
Yeah, might want to reconsider drinking. If he was found stabbed to death you wouldn't go out and stab yourselves, would you? If anything, wouldn't his death dissuade you from drinking a bit?

Try to honor his memory, reflect on the good times, etc.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by happytimeharry
No no no, we're not gonna sit around for the entire day getting shit faced. We're just gonna have a shot in memory of him.

I understand, but isn't that like commemorating the thing that killed him? I know it's not as dangerous as snorting a line for someone that died from a cocaine OD, but it seems like he wouldn't want you to use the thing that killed him as a way to remember him. Would anyone want to be remembered for their alcoholism over their relationship with the people that respected him enough to want to honor his memory?
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
my fourth grade teacher died from lung cancer. it was so stupid how i was told i was at a party and a teacher that worked at me elementary school asked me who my fourth grade teacher was and i told her and she's like oh she's dead and im like wtf wow
Quote by zeppelinpage4

I said former because I had him 4 years ago. I'm in college right now. But anyway, I just think it would be a fond farewell to dedicate a shot to him. I hardly drink at all, only on certain occasions that call for it.

Quote by Allnightmask22
Yeah, might want to reconsider drinking. If he was found stabbed to death you wouldn't go out and stab yourselves, would you?

Quote by crazynickman
I understand, but isn't that like commemorating the thing that killed him? I know it's not as dangerous as snorting a line for someone that died from a cocaine OD, but it seems like he wouldn't want you to use the thing that killed him as a way to remember him. Would anyone want to be remembered for their alcoholism over their relationship with the people that respected him enough to want to honor his memory?

Trust me, if he could he would have his ghost there drinking with us. You just had to have known him. But yeah, I can see where your coming from.
My math teacher was diagnosed with esophagus and stomach cancer May of last year. He was going to retire this year too but he died on Sunday. It was really bad. He had taught at my school for 34 years, some of my friends parents came to pay their respects also because he taught them Junior High/Grade 10 math. It was just weird seeing so many people affected by one death.
ok im sorry to hear that but WHY THE **** ARE YOU GONNA DO THE SAME THING THAT KILLED HIM?? THAT WONT MAKE HIM PROUD INSTEAD YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT!!!!!1 GOD!!!!!!!!!
''courage is not enough to forget''
Quote by rock_metal_fan
ok im sorry to hear that but WHY THE **** ARE YOU GONNA DO THE SAME THING THAT KILLED HIM?? THAT WONT MAKE HIM PROUD INSTEAD YOU SHOULD NOT DO IT!!!!!1 GOD!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not going to address this anymore, and caps lock doesn't make you any more persuasive.
I can understand a shot, especially since your in college. It's sort of a fairwell. last drink thing. It's up to you happytimeharry.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
why the **** is everyone giving him so much **** about having a shot in his memory?
It's his own decision. My science teacher died of a hanging, but you don't see me going out and having a 'good-bye hang' do you? No. Having a shot is safe and is not really gonna hurt anyone. It's not saying 'Hah, we're doing what killed you!' it's saying 'goodbye, I'll remember you. =]' so, SHUT UP, no one really wants to hear it anymore.

On a nicer note...=]

When teachers die, it makes you realise how much they REALLY DO affect many people. They actually do change lives every day. They help to make a difference in the world. It's actually really facinating.
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
1000 e-cookies for being from Jersey AND liking MCR

"Don't worry old girl, dry those tears from your eyes, something better's bound to come around sometime. Lets go." I Am A Graveyard - Shotglass Supersition.
im sorry i just really hate that stuff, but yea i guess im being a bitcj also so sorry just that i don thtink its the best way to say goodbye, but uve goe through enough things already so sorry and i hope u have a hell of a nice shot if that makes u feel better
''courage is not enough to forget''
There are a few teachers that have seriously had a big impact on my life, and I would be heartbroken if they died.

RIP man.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell