Alright, I have a blue Squier Bullet and i wanna get some better sound out of it. I raised the action on it a bit, and got a clearer tone, but I want a mellow kind of Strat sound and all without noise.

I know I gotta put new pick-ups on. I was thinking Fender Noiseless (no duh), but like how would the installation go for those? I'm kind of a newbie to this whole modding game. I saw pictures of the wiring and it looks complicated. Is it?

By the way, this is my guitar (it's not that great of a picture, but whatever):

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
I would think if you're new to wiring, the installation on those pickups could be difficult Also, alder tends to give a mellower tone then plywood. Why not just save up for a MIM strat? By the time you buy the pickups you're almost half way there.
lol well I thought about buying a strat, but this guitar means too much to me. its my first guitar and i know i'll either keep playing this one instead of the Strat, or vise-versa.

Stupid reason, i know, but whatever lol

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
I thought the same originally. I bought myself a HW1 telecaster usa. Thought I´d play it about 50% of the time. My squier has been hanging on the wall for three months now without me touching it. A better guitar is a better guitar. Squire can very seldomly be called good.
Washburn JB100 Customshop USA
Squire Stratocaster, Squire Telecaster, highway 1 tele,
FM65r amp, Marshall MS-4 & FM-15r
Washburn b-9 five string banjo, Eagle dreadnought acoustic. Art & lutherie AMI.
lol alright. i guess ur right, Talmir. and thanks for the suggestion, CJ. Ill just dave up for a new Fender Strat i guess. I already went shopping a few weeks ago, found some pretty nice ones. I might get a Classic Strat. Sounds pretty nice.

TBH, if you love the playability of your plywood Bullet, not to mention its sentimental value, *and* you have a decent tube/valve amp, I'd go and upgrade the PUs. You can find bargains on DiMarzio Virtual Vintage, Lace Sensors, etc. everywhere.

I've discovered/noticed that a mediocre guitar + a decent tube amp >>> a kickass guitar + a POS SS amp.