I just finished this book, and by far this is the best book I have read in my life. And I would strongly suggest for those of you interested in a new book to pick this one up, and give her a whirl. Thou one thing to remember is that kurt vonnegut is making fun of these subject matters that he covers in the books.
whats it about? from your perspective
Quote by Metal-X
No.. you see when one person stays on UG for to long, then they tend to lose there minds to the Pit monkeys. And well..... just watch for yourself

It's about this one guy that gets kid napped by aliens and get gets some real views on the world and about everyones life for example just because your dead, it means your only dead in that moment in your past moments your still alive
Definitely one of the top 10 books I've ever read.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Actually, in Slaughterhouse Five, he's not making fun of it, per se. It's somewhat autobiographical.
Hi, I'm Peter
The bit where it describes Billy (?) seeing a WW2 bombing run in reverse is absolutely mesmerising. So, he sees planes flying in reverse, sucking up fire and explosions into little metal canisters which are then shipped to the US where they are taken apart, and the harmful components buried deep in the earth.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by gagnerants
It's about this one guy that gets kid napped by aliens and get gets some real views on the world and about everyones life for example just because your dead, it means your only dead in that moment in your past moments your still alive

aaah sounds like an interesting read, how does the whole "being dead aint all that dead thing" (for laziness and a lack of a better description) work?
i'm guessing the book revolvesa around timetravel themes aswell
Quote by Metal-X
No.. you see when one person stays on UG for to long, then they tend to lose there minds to the Pit monkeys. And well..... just watch for yourself

also the thing about use just being stuck in amber was there kool, also the thing about the 7 different sexes needed to have children
Absolutely excellent book, we're studying it for English. I love that part about that tree which has money and diamonds as fruits and which fertilises itself with the bodies of the people who fight over it at its base. Pure genious.

Such a weird book too, it's autobiographical. And science fiction. And a war novel. And a comedy. Great stuff.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I might read it this year. I say might because in this assignment we're doing (get 100 pts by reading books and writing tests by the end of the year, it's for 10% of our grade in English), it's only worth 8 points.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Actually, in Slaughterhouse Five, he's not making fun of it, per se. It's somewhat autobiographical.

As I recall, the part about the bombing of Dresden came from Mr. Vonnegut's own experience of the event.

I don't think that Billy actually got kidnapped by aliens, but was having hallucinations and flashbacks as a result of a post-traumatic psychological disorder from witnessing Dresden.

^ Is that part of an AR program, by chance?
I've been meaning to find it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Quintessence153

^ Is that part of an AR program, by chance?

Yup.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
Yup.

I hate AR alot.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump