what ddo you think of it
is it really worthy?
is it better than the highway 1?
and whats your main opinon on it?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
the P/J pickup combination will allow for a wide variety of tones. what type of music are you into?
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Is that the P-bass with the bridge humbucker? Or the one with the S-1 switch? Or Am I think of something different? I feel a little embarased since I'm having my own little P-Bass delima, so I should at least kow what bass your talking about.
let me start with, the Fender Deluxe series, are generally a cut above the rest of their models, with extra attention to things like frets, finishes, and small little details, that count. is the deluxe MIM P or J better than the Hwy 1 series, is anybody's opinion. i also think you should choose between the P or the J. the P/J config. works, but it only gets half the sound of either, imo. the P deluxe is a very popular bass around here. most of my pro friends own one, and i might too, someday.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by Captain Insano
Is that the P-bass with the bridge humbucker? Or the one with the S-1 switch? Or Am I think of something different? I feel a little embarased since I'm having my own little P-Bass delima, so I should at least kow what bass your talking about.

It's got a single coil pickup at the bridge, and a split coil at the neck

The American Deluxe has a split coil and a humbucker at the bridge, and the Big Block is the black one with just a humbucker at the bridge.

The American P-Bass has the split coil with the S-1 switch
Is this a 90's Deluxe or a modern one?
A 90's deluxe is the active version of the p plus; slim neck, 22 frets, remodeled body with deeper cut-outs, p+j p-ups and a heavy bridge.
I think they were a custom shop production run. And a very lovely piece of bassness they are too!
I don't know about the new ones - sorry.
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Quote by IncendiumMortem
the P/J pickup combination will allow for a wide variety of tones. what type of music are you into?

i into rock mainly into punk ,i really like the sound of a active bass with a p pickup and a j pickup
is there any similar basses?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Like LPS83 said, the P/J config is alright, but to me the gold of a J bass is the dual pickups being blended. So you're making an improvement on a P-bass, you're not marrying the two. Just keep that in mind if you like the Jazz sound.

Quote by litus
i into rock mainly into punk ,i really like the sound of a active bass with a p pickup and a j pickup
is there any similar basses?

Oops, I missed your post here. So you like a P/J config. Alright then it's probably going to be a good bass. Although I would still try out many other basses in your range just for kicks.
Get the dlx. The P/J combo will rock your socks! Not that the Highway 1 is gash in any way, but the P/J does it for me. IMO then...lol

Seriously tho', I've owned basses with just about every combination of pups, and the P/J is the best all-rounder. You won't regret it!