So i've finally gotten some money saved up and i have always wanted a thinline telecaster. The only problem is that they don't make thinline's how i want them so i've decided to build my own to solve this.
The main part of the body will be made from ash which will have two chambered sections on the left and the right of the body, and one in the center near the bottom of the guitar, leaving enough room for the pickups and the bridge to be in the solid section of the body. It will have a 5A flamed maple top, which i am going to stain either dark green or blue. It will also have a flamed maple neck, possibly one piece although i think i will use a regular maple fretboard unless someone knows if flamed maple is good for a fretboard.
So far this is the picture that i have designed in Kiskae

This build will probably not begin until around thanksgiving since i will have a break from college to begin working on it. If i do not finish it during Christmas break i will have access to a machine shop next semester than will allow me to work on it some here.
I'm currently looking at hand winding my own set of pickups for this guitar, however if anyone has suggestions for a good blues set of pickups that can also do some hard rock they will be taken into consideration.
texas specials are good pickups... really really good. maybe put a strat one in the middle, that'd kick ass. vintage noiseless are great too and cost only 100$. I do think a middle strat pickup and 5 way switch will add some versatility, though, so mauyybe do that.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Last edited by rhakiath at Oct 26, 2007,
I've thought about the texas specials, but i'm also thinking about contacting possibly looking at some smaller manufacturers. Another question I have for anyone that has ever done a thinline, or done something like it. Would it be easier to use smaller routerbits to cut out the shape, or would I be able to use some kind of knife to cut the rough shape and then sand it to how i want it.
i personally like lace sensors for single coils...

imo the fender sets are kind of uninspiring tonewise
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158