I have a Metal Muff distortion pedal now with a Peavey Valveking 112. Right now I use that distortion on the clean setting and get a great metal sound but I also want a more classic rock, AC/DC, hard rock tone. I can use the amps distortion channel but I'm not completely satisfied with the way it sounds.

MY main question is if I get a overdrive pedal can It be used only on the clean channel (kind of like my current metal muff) or can I use it to enhance the overdrive channel? I am kind of new to guitar gear so if you could explain this stuff that would be great.
get an ibanez ts9 and figure it out later, look on youtube. they use a blues junior amp, but very similiar to yours.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
i find that using a pedal and the amp's own overdrive together creates a strange clash, that's really fuzzy... if you've tried it with your metal muff, you'll know what i mean
if you buy an overdrive pedal, it will work a helluva lot better on its own
try the ts9 on clean channel, it probably has enough od alone to get ACDC...
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
A Tubescreamer in front and an eq pedal in the effects loop works wonders Give you a lot of control. Huge expansion of the amps capabilities.
^ what benefit does the eq in the fx loop do that I cant do with the eq on my amp?
Quote by rhakiath
get an ibanez ts9 and figure it out later, look on youtube. they use a blues junior amp, but very similiar to yours.

Wow. Blues Junior =/= valveking 112. Unless my ears are full of corn.

Yes, you can use an OD on a already distorted TUBE amp, and get a nice level/gain boost, depending on how you use it. With respect to the guy I quoted, a TS9 would be a good choice.
Why not just lower the volume on your guitar and OD the tubes?
I don't even shred
Quote by Disasterboy
i find that using a pedal and the amp's own overdrive together creates a strange clash, that's really fuzzy... if you've tried it with your metal muff, you'll know what i mean
if you buy an overdrive pedal, it will work a helluva lot better on its own

No. You are probably talking about using an overdrive with SS distortion. with a tube amp, ODs are used to get some more gain and tighten up the sound with very nice results.