after I put the first coat of paint on my guitar today, I relized that there are a few cracks on top of the wood. There are two of them about 3 inches lond. They are not deep or anything, and it just looks like it is an imperfection in the wood. I sanded down the paint in that area and put some wood glue on them (and I tried to get it in the crack, but it isnt deep at all.) Is this something to be concerned about? Will the cracks get way bigger over time and split my whole damn guitar in half?! I think they should be fine once the guitar has the paint and laquer over it. What do you think?

btw, if it helps the wood is poplar.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
I don't know, I cracked my strat putting a new bridge in it about 6 months ago, and it's what you describe....seems fine to me.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
by any casuality you drillied a new hole on your guitar or you saw someone that let it fall to the floor? those might be just some good reasons...

Well i dont think its because of the wood, because it was used on Early Renaissance Italian paintings to paint on them and Buster from mythbuster bones are made from poplar, so yeah its pretty strong (unless you let it fall like i alredy said) ask someone in your house, just dont get mad if they say to you yes :P
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by fretsonfire74
ibanez rg, or try an epi les paul? or sg?

I have absolutely no idea what made you type that.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
Quote by buzzcut
I have absolutely no idea what made you type that.

lol, sorry, i had a few tabs up, and i typed that in the wrong one lol. dleted now though.
^ wtf? that doesn't even make sense!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Also, the cracks are were not made from being dropped or banged, I am pretty sure they are cracks from humidity, pressure etc. Will they spread once the body is finished?
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
see that all depends on the wood and if the wood of the guitar was seasond properly but if there in a part of the guitar that is under stress dont sweat too much get some wood filler then do the job you where doing if you can see the cracks after a week or soo you might want to have a look and see if there is uneeded stress on the area

tell us exactly where the cracks are i can help i may only be 16 years old but i have done a few guitar referbs
the part where the small cracks are are under no stress or pressure at all. It is a jackson rr shape v guitar body style and the cracks are on the top wing.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
yeah it sounds like the people at the jakson factory have been cheating and not seasond the wood for long enough and in diferent temps and humid climates are the cracks strait or random
i could be where they have joind to pices together to make that shape
Quote by stuartstratford
yeah it sounds like the people at the jakson factory have been cheating and not seasond the wood for long enough and in diferent temps and humid climates are the cracks strait or random
i could be where they have joind to pices together to make that shape

it isnt a jackson brand body. I made it myself, and it isnt where the wood joins.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
I think that if you fill it up with some wood filler it shoulnt spread...

But im going to tell you a secret peeps do when they get a little crap in theyre cars front screen, they get a drill and make small holes where every crap ends, that will stop it from getting bigger and by so your car screen will be safe :P

You could also do that in the wood, just get a drill with a tiny lil tip (well, not that tiny) and make a hole in both of the ends, then fill with wood filler and your set
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P