I have an acoustic guitar, but I hate it. I want to play stuff from Nirvana, Nightwish, Kalmah, As I Lay Dying, The Used, Green Day, etc. My tastes range from Classical to the most hardcore metal out there. My main focus will be metal, but I want to be able to play a huge variety of things, from romantic soft stuff to hardcore.

I had originally thought about one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

(HSS)

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516037

(SSS)

Some of you mentioned before that SSS wouldn't be good for what I want to play, and some of you said that neither of these would be.

I have EXTREMELY! SMALL YOUNG GIRL HANDS even though I am a guy. 6.3 inches from base of palm to end of middle finger : ( I also am a rather small person in general, so I need a guitar that isn't very heavy and one that I can play with my super small hands.

There are so many guitars out there and I don't even know where to begin. Based on what I said what guitars should I look into? I want to thank all of you guys in advance!

Price range: between $300-500 (slightly flexible)
amp is more important anyway. what's ur total budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
honestly the ibanez RG have such a thin neck

also the music man john petrucci series has a thin neck (but its probably way out of your price range)
i sent you a message on which guitars would work out nicely for you....
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
For small hands, I think that you want a guitar with at most a 25", and preferably a 24.75" scale length, though you want a relatively thin neck anyway. I'd suggest you just go to a guitar shop and see what you like the feel of, even if you end up buying something from a website or something.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by jj1565
amp is more important anyway. what's ur total budget?

Total budget is about $600 for everything and that is pushing it a bit.
Quote by kidboy
i sent you a message on which guitars would work out nicely for you....

I didn't get any messages...
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
honestly the ibanez RG have such a thin neck

also the music man john petrucci series has a thin neck (but its probably way out of your price range)

Man, a lot of people mention Ibanez, good stuff, will look into them. I'll check out the other guy you mentioned just for the heck of it, hehe
Quote by Missingno476
For small hands, I think that you want a guitar with at most a 25", and preferably a 24.75" scale length, though you want a relatively thin neck anyway. I'd suggest you just go to a guitar shop and see what you like the feel of, even if you end up buying something from a website or something.

Thanks for the information, I'm heading out tomorrow to the guitar store--will be a lot of fun and I'll definitely be purchasing online.
hey, if i were you id check out a $325 roland cube30 and a schecter omen 6 $300.

im a chick with smallish hands and ibanez are fun to play, in this price range i mean fixed bridge ibanez, but other brands are fun too.

it's mostly technique anyway, i can play an LP, schecter, strat tele, and so on.
and at ur size you might like the extra heft a mahogany guitar might give you.

so stay away from marshall MGs, most crates, and any trem guitars in ur price range.

good luck

edit: of the two you just posted, the fixed bridge will be the most stable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Girl fingers? How old are you? If ur <15 that explains it, wait till puberty catches up wif u if ur that young otherwise,get a ibanez RG, but if you do go, get a Strat as you wanted or many be a schecter C-1 4 those heavy stuff but try to not buy online and try the guitar urself.A roland cube would suit you as a starter amp.Oh, you may wanna try out a les paul but they are a little heavier espically for the gibson ones