Well this could go in the CR forum but seeing as VM doesn't have guitar solos he probably wouldn't be appreciated there Anyway I got his Astral Weeks album a few weeks ago, absolutely divine. He uses so many instruments and plays so many styles of music I can't believe the only song of his they ever play on the radio (brown-eyed girl) is probably one of the least creative things he's done. Anyway, discuss.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

My mother loves this work. I however, respect it but dont like it too much, Liuther van Ross is another of her favorties.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by apmaman
My mother loves this work. I however, respect it but dont like it too much, Liuther van Ross is another of her favorties.

Luther Vanross*

EDIT; Vandross*
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Last edited by bah humbug at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by bah humbug
Luther Vanross*

hey I dont listen to the stuff! Well not intentionaly but I can hear it when she plays her CD's.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Well this could go in the CR forum but seeing as VM doesn't have guitar solos he probably wouldn't be appreciated there

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
and this is in alternative and indie because?

Did you even read my first post?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I lurve Astral Weeks and Moondance. Two albums which I really enjoy listening to.

Van Morrison has a slight place in my heart as he was on of the artists my parents would play when I was younger so it brings back memories of childhood for me.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
I lurve Astral Weeks and Moondance. Two albums which I really enjoy listening to.

Van Morrison has a slight place in my heart as he was on of the artists my parents would play when I was younger so it brings back memories of childhood for me.

Except I've never listened to Astral Weeks... Moondance is a great album, and my parents favorite
Moondance is good, Wavelength is nuts good. I think Wavelength is easily his best work of the 70s.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
He's got a ton of good records, very underrated songwriter. His Band and Street Choir is his best record in my opinion.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I love the song Moondance, it's what got me into VM, one of my favourite pieces to play in the jazz band.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
I like his stuff with the Chieftains in particular. From his poppier stuff, I love Wonderful Remark, even if it is a tiny bit too smooth imo.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Glad Tidings is perhaps one of the greatest songs ever written, I think. Also the best driving song I've ever heard.

It's the only song in the world that instantly puts me in a good mood.

EDIT: Also, anyone who loves Van Morrison should check out some of Randy Newman's stuff if they haven't already. Really great songwriting.
I'm surprised at the lack of interest in Van around here. In my opinion, he's one of the greatest songwriters ever.

I also love his voice.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Yea, I've been listening to him a lot lately as well. Particularly Into the Music, which is a fantastic record.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Quote by Cptbeefheart
Yea, I've been listening to him a lot lately as well. Particularly Into the Music, which is a fantastic record.

Have you heard Wavelength Beefie? Easily my favourite Van record at the moment. I think you'd really be into it.

Quote by Kartman

No, I haven't. My friend has a copy of it though, so I'll grab it, check it out and get back to you

I just found out van morrison was in THEM before he went solo. Was Gloria a them song or van morrison song? I dig the doors version too.
Gloria was written be Van while he was with Them.
I've been listening to His Band and The Street Choir lately.

Crazy Face is three minutes of musical bliss.
Quote by Cptbeefheart
No, I haven't. My friend has a copy of it though, so I'll grab it, check it out and get back to you

Awesome. I await your opinion!

Quote by Kartman

where's all the love for the van?

my favourite vm songs: wonderful remark, glad tidings, saint dominic's preview, tore down a la rimbaud, into the mystic, real real gone.
van is prob one of the greatest songwriters that ever lived. i dare anyone to listen to beside you and not get goosebumps...
Quote by chumpzilla
van is prob one of the greatest songwriters that ever lived. i dare anyone to listen to beside you and not get goosebumps...

It's been said a million times in this thread already, but I'm going to second it again for good measure. ;-) I love his voice, the instrumentation, and how bits of wine-sweet acoustic guitar peek in and out of the mix.

---Bryan
I recently got into Van myself. At first listen, I didn't really pay much attention, but then one day I was sitting down, and decided to relisten to the whole moondance album, and damn was it ever amazing. I also got Astral weeks which is awesome as well. My fav. song from astrals would have to be Madame George, or Ballerina
Astral Weeks is one of the best records ever recorded...This guy's so underrated where I live, it's a crime honestly.
Pot
Kettle
Black
goddamn! how wrong i was, or maybe i just accidentally said "boring" instead of ""amazing".

let's get some discussion up here. which of his late albums, by that i mean anything after Common One, are worth checking out?
I'm bumping this because i'm about to buy Moondance and think i'm in love with this man.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Seriously, I don't know how I went 18 years of my life without listening to anything other than "Brown Eyed Girl".

Why is he so underrated?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
maybe i'm just bullshitting here, but i think that his music demands patience (and maybe a maturity) that a lot of people lack or at least aren't willing to put into listening to music.

that and people think that he is all about "Brown Eyed Girl".
Last edited by Ramblin'_Man at Jun 28, 2011,
Van Morrison is great. He's got some stuff that I like and dislike but that goes for every band. They can't always make a song that you would have on your playlist.. Like many of you have said my two fav. albums from him are Moondance and Astral Weeks.