I read all of the lessons online of how to tune into Drop C, but why can't I just do this:

Tune from standard: E A D G B E

to

D: D G C F A D

Then I would just drop my low D string a step making it C thus: C G C F A D

If that doesn't work can someone please show me an easy way to do this?

All of your help is greatly appreciated.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
sure you can if you can..easy way is play the E and D strings at the same time then tune down to get to drop D. then tune everything down to DGCFAD then play the D and C strings (dropped E and D) then tune the D down to C. there ya go drop C.. its easy to hear if you have developed ears..listen for the waves to match up. may seem hard but it works. thats how i do it but i'm no professional
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
If you know how to drop down to D then do that for the whole guitar and just use the same method to drop down another 2 steps.
I'll tell you how to do it... but if you're lazy (or don't care) just skip down to the bottom of this post and download a small MIDI tuning guide for drop C tuning (it starts at the lowest string and plays each four times for you to tune along to it).

From the standard E tuning (E, A, D, G, B,e) you'd simply take the third fret of the 5th string (a C on the A string) and tune the 6th string (E) down to match it one octave lower. Continue using the C on string 5 to tune string 4 (D) down a step to C in the same octave as your guide note (again, 3rd fret, 5th string, in this case: C).

Once finished you should be at C, A, C, G,B ,e.

You should now tune the 5th string (A) down a step by fretting the 4th string (now a C) at the 7th fret and tuning down the 5th string an octave below, it will become a G.

You should now be at C, G, C , G, B, e.

The simplest way to proceed now is to use octaves. So play the 5th string open (now G) and tune the 3rd string (other, higher G) fretted at the 2nd fret down to G.

So now you're at C, G, C, F, B, e.

Repeat the octave tuning process, this time from the 4th string up to the 2nd string. Play the 4th string (C) and tune the 2nd string (B) fretted at the 3rd fret (a D) down to match the 4th strings C.

Now you're at C, G, C, F, A, e.

Once again, play the 3rd string open (now an F) and tune the 1st string (e) fretted at the 3rd fret (a G) down to F...

ALL DONE!!!

You SHOULD be at C, G, C, F, A, D.

Best of luck, man.
Attachments:
Tuning Guide - Drop C.zip
That pretty much is what you do. Don't complicate it.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.