So im getting a computer custom built for around $1200 and i want to record my music on it and i dont know what i should have in the computer. Like ill probably have a good sound card.But and will i need an adapter to plug into the microphone plug in, or can i get something that i can plug my guitar (or cable from my amp) right into without losing any sound quality.. So what ,if any special parts should i have in this computer for basic recording thanks guys
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Your best bet is to get a mixing board and get an ADC and DAC convertor and plug it in via firewire. Get a good DAW too, I use Pro Tools but that's a little advanced.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
for recording guitar you should get something like Amplitube and a stealth plug
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I use the usb-out of my Podxt, guitar to my macbook, record in Garageband, then mix in Ableton Live! 6. I get pretty good quality too, but yeah, Protools is king.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right