Ever get a feeling from a band that it feels "dated" I dont mean dated in the sense if you listen to motley crue you think the 80's I mean like when I hear Iron Maiden their music sets this medieval type of vibe for me, like knights in shining armor and all that crap any other bands that can take you back to a certain time?
When ever I listen to the blues, I feel like I'm in the delta somewhere. Maybe Mississippi, or Missouri. Delta blues are awesome. Metal makes me feel like I'm in some grim and frostbitten forest in Norway, classic rock makes me feel like a hippie.

I love music that does that.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by The Madcap
I suppose. Most of the time when this happens, the artist intends for it to be that way.

I thought about that , but I doubt maiden set out to try and sound a certain way. Yea music that does that is really powerful stuff.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
I thought about that , but I doubt maiden set out to try and sound a certain way. Yea music that does that is really powerful stuff.

i thought that was maidens gimic was their music did that.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
When I listen to MCR's second album, i think of the mafia for some reason.

Fall of Troy's new album makes me think of some demented candyland place.

Protest the Heros album makes me think of medevil stuff like that
Quote by Ktool The Girth
i thought that was maidens gimic was their music did that.

I dont think so , I mean i don't think the set out to make music that sounding like that , it just came as a side effect of their music it sets a certain mood. I mean their gimmic was always eddy to me , you him and you know MAIDEN.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Well, I know nothing about Iron Maiden, but I think many Neoclassical Metal musicians try to do this.
Quote by The Madcap
Well, I know nothing about Iron Maiden, but I think many Neoclassical Metal musicians try to do this.

Well you should go buy all of their albums then.
Quote by LaGrange
Well you should go buy all of their albums then.

Starting with Powerslave....
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
I dont think so , I mean i don't think the set out to make music that sounding like that , it just came as a side effect of their music it sets a certain mood. I mean their gimmic was always eddy to me , you him and you know MAIDEN.

they set out to write songs about folklore and whatnot, seems like that goes along with what the threadstarter said.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
RHAPSODY OF FIRE FTMFW!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0XVlBqVGK1U
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2

Well IMO their marketing gimmick was Eddie/Eddy, though their style was to give out that feeling.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Listening to Rapture makes me feel like I'm in Finland the 1800's, walking through a forest with mist hanging about the tops of the trees...it's pretty sweet.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Boston makes me feel like i'm in Kansas in the 60's
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Anything with Dio sounds Medieval with a dark mist in the horizon. The devil wants to eat your head and lick your eye sockets kind of feeling. Just freaking EPIC.
i feel like im at an oldschool thrash show when i listen to municipal waste and new darkthrone

its a good feeling
Dragonforce, Rhapsody of Fire, and other power metal bands make me want to grab a sword and kill orcs. For glory. So medieval I guess.

The Velvet Underground makes me feel like I'm in the future. Same with Of Montreal and Melt Banana.
Neutral Milk Hotel is probably...Ancient Greece to me. Just because of the aesthetic value of their songs.
Yeah.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Whenever I listen to Electric Wizard I feel like I'm at a Black Sabbath concert in 1971.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild