Well I'm looking into getting a new amp. I'm pretty much stuck on 3 choices right now. I'd like to know what the pro's & con's are. Also what would be best for me? I will try them all out, I just want an idea. I will most likely have my Vintage VS6 with a Gibson 57 Classic Plus & a BurstBucker Pro. I play Classic Rock like AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin... Modern Rock like Our Lady Peace, Older Sum 41 stuff... even some Clapton. I'm looking for a clean tone but I need that distortion for AC/DC stuff.

Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Palomino V32

I was looking at the Hot Rod Deluxe mostly, but I've heard amazing things about the rest.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Well, if you want clean first. Then thats what you should look for. And Fender will give you that. I have't played a bunch of fenders before, but I've played teh hot rod. And with some kind of boost or tubescreamer it will be easy to get to ACDC and beyond. But to as the 3 you listed. All 3 are great amps. I've played the palomino and thought it was great, absolutly great.
But you need to bring your guitar and try all three out and buy the one that feels/sounds the best to you.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
^Thanks for that. It might be a little hard to try out the Palomino unfortunately, but I'm trying my best to find one.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Well you can try the Crate VFX.. I think thats what it's called. Its EXACTLY like the palomino... just comes with built in effects.. if thats what you're into.
Glad to be of help.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Try a peavey classic 50.
It's lead channel kicks the hot rod's all around.
The cleans are different, but in a good way.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Try a peavey classic 50.
It's lead channel kicks the hot rod's all around.
The cleans are different, but in a good way.

I like the Peavey better than the Fender's as well. The Classic 30 and 50 have a really nice lead channel.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I tried both of those amps. I really didn't like the Classic for its price. I tried the Delta Blues and preferred it. If Slash was talking about the VTX Series, I found the effects bad. I'm more of a pedal guy. :P Individual for me.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Well, if you're comparing the Hot Rod to the Blues, I think the Blues may have slightly better cleans, and to me, a SLIGHTLY more useable OD channel. But the Hot Rod has 2 drive channels compared to just 1 on the Blues. Still, I find the OD on these amps to be nearly useless. I don't like them very much. But if you pair the amps up with a good OD pedal, you'll have some good tones. Conclusion: I prefer the Blues deluxe unless you HAVE to have the extra OD channel.

I haven't tried the Palomino yet, but from what i've heard, it'll have all the stock distortion you need. Still hard to beat those fender cleans, i'd imagine.

The Peavey Classic series is a good suggestion. You can get a 30 or 50 for cheap used. Good cleans and good OD. I prefer the fender cleans, but the Classic series OD is better than the Hot Rod/Blues deluxe OD, to me. But, as you noticed, the Delta Blues is a real gem of the Peavey family. Seriously consider that amp, it's very, very good. And if you like that amp, try some of the Ampeg line of all tube guitar amps. I have a Reverberocket (out of production, now) that i love, but they have some jet combos that look nice. My amp gets up to classic rock levels of gain with my strat even with a 5751 in V1. My Gibby gets me all the OD i'll ever need, and i could probably play some more current rock if i really wanted to.

Also, just a nice token of information: Try to buy used, you'll save money.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^Enjoy! They're good amps.
After stock tubes burn out, get JJ's.

The delta blues are pretty good though, but the classic's features were more towards my liking.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well I thank you all for the replies. I don't think I need the extra channel. I think I will look at the Blues & Delta. Maybe check out the Ampeg line too. Thanks to all.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Can you test all three?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
i agree with kyle, nice post. other than buying used, that's a personal judgement call, and depends on each individual situation, price, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I will have trouble finding the Palomino. The Fenders should be hard, I have a fender dealer in town. And a Peavey Dealer.

Could anyone recommend a good OD Pedal? And a Wah while were at it?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Well I thank you all for the replies. I don't think I need the extra channel. I think I will look at the Blues & Delta. Maybe check out the Ampeg line too. Thanks to all.

Quote by Dave Mc
i agree with kyle, nice post. other than buying used, that's a personal judgement call, and depends on each individual situation, price, etc.

Quote by elekguit
I will have trouble finding the Palomino. The Fenders should be hard, I have a fender dealer in town. And a Peavey Dealer.

Could anyone recommend a good OD Pedal? And a Wah while were at it?

There are a thousand OD pedals to choose from. Some more popular ones would be a tubescreamer ts9 or ts808 or a Maxon OD9 or OD808. For wah pedals, if you're on a pretty tight budget, i like the Vox V847A and V848. If you can spend around $200+ look at Teese RMC wah pedals.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by elekguit
I really didn't like the Classic for its price. I tried the Delta Blues and preferred it.

The Fender gets the nod from me for cleans, but the Peavey does a much better job for crunch, IMHO. I'm also a big fan of the Delta Blues and was hoping to land one when I acquired my C-30. I got it in a trade, so I can't complain. It's a solid amp and does everything you'd seem to want from it.

I'm also a fan of Traynor amps. The YCV 40 and 50 are both worth a look, especially being that they're built in Canada.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
forgot about traynor, good call slats.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?