does it matter which? i find it easier to hold while it rests on my left thigh, but easier to move around on the fretboard of it's on my right thigh. does it matter?
Holding it on your left leg while elevating it on a stack of books or something makes it feel more natural to play standing up.
i just play standing. its harder for me to play comfortably sitting.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Right leg is usually most common for electric and acoustic stuff.

Fiddly fingerpicking stuff is easier in the standard classical position -- guitar on left leg (foot propped up on something), neck tilted upwards so that your fingers will be around level with your eye line. It also means your right hand's fingers rest more comfortably on the strings.
right hand, right leg

unless its a V or something similar
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
It depends on the player in where he/she is comfotable. and it also depends on what shape his/her guitar is. Hope you got my idea
I would recommend keeping your guitar on your left leg. I feel it gives you an added advantage at playing chords and stuff...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

A lot of people seem to be resting it on their right leg, I used to do that before, until I came across one of the lessons in UG. If it were me, I would recommend the right leg. But yeah, in the end, make sure your comfortable with it...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

Ok, my answer yesterday is wrong, and my right answer now and maybe a lot of shredders will also say that when sitting then placing the guitar on the right leg will be comfortable if your leads are not in the high frets or you are just doing chords, then in leg if you shred the guitar until the last fret of your guitar neck.. loL! and that's the answer! =)