i just put some D'Addario EXL110 XL strings on my les paul and haven't had this problem before...the vibration when i play the strings is so much that it rattles on the frets...sounds really bad...i tried raising the bridge quite a bit but it still does it...what should i do...get different strings? if so which ones?
How low do you have your bridge? And did you up size your strings?
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Hmmm. Well, you can't go too high right? Maybe the strings are bad? I dunno, never ran into that problem. Also, I know brand new strings rattle sometimes. Until they get broken in and settle down. I know my slinkys do that, and about after a day the noise goes away.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
that might be it...i should just play em a while and see what happens then...but i wish you could hear it...it sounds like its waaaaaay out of tune...but it isnt...just vibrates a lot...
You sure it isn't out of tune? If it isn't, then the problem is probably intonation.

For the out of tune part, anyway. Dunno about the rattle.

Also, remember - new strings stretch, so the guitar won't stay in tune for a while.
im going to have some guy look at it, he's gonna fit the bridge and fine tune it and everything...he does it for professional guitarists so im guessin he can fix it

EDIT: yeah...sounds great now
Last edited by purplestrat at Nov 2, 2007,