so tomorrow (well it's past 12 so actually today) is my birthday and i have 400 dollars. so i am gonna head up to guitar center and go on a rampage. i need a pedal or two and some other accesories like that because all i have is a guitar.

or i might save it all and just get a nice amp.

so what are some suggestions on things to get?

EDIT: what i mean is i just have a guitar (schecter gryphon) and a 30W amp. so i need some accesories or an amp ican gig with.
Quote by Jimbou
I wish my sister asked me to do it again..she's really hot....

I'm going to hell

EDIT..mmhhh, I would stand going to hell if I could do it again now
Last edited by alec1027 at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by gagemc.
amp

what kind? i play alot of metal and stuff. i heard Mesa was good for that, but i'm open to anything
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

Please don't get a Line 6.

PLEASE.

Don't waste your money.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by alec1027

No DO NOT buy a Spider or a Marshall MG, they're lifeless, toneless amps. Save for something better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
haha alright.

i'm looking at some Mesa's online right now, but a cabinet and head will be expensive and i only have 400 dollars. hmmm
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

You can check out a Valveking 1x12. I had one, it's a pretty rockin' little amp. I got it used for $350 at GC.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Marshall AVT50 maybe. Don't bother with the AVT100 tho it's just more expensive and not any louder!

Roland Cube 60 but the distortion channel is crap. That said you could get a nice valve distortion pedal like a blackstar or somthing to put through it.

You might be better waiting a bit longer to save up for a much better amp.

I just shove a valve distortion pedal through a Cube 60 cause I gig a lot and I've done the whole valve amp thing and they just can't stand up to heavy gigging I do unfortunately. Sound great tho! Depends how much you're going to be moving it round and stuff I suppose...
Last edited by Ralph1980 at Oct 27, 2007,
I seccond whoever said Valveking. Sell whatever amp you have now (or trade it to GC) and buy a Valveking and an O to push it to metal levels.. Should put you in Metal land, with a nice amp to fall back on if you ever want something other than brootal distortionz. Just try the Valveking first; some people don't like the voicing. Just remember, an OD will push it to gainier tones and such.

One more thing. Unless you're playing stadiums or have personal security issues, you don't need a stack, persay. A 1x12" 50 watt tube amp will rip your face off, trust me. Giggable, too, and portable. (Just don't jostle those tubes too much!)
thank guys. ill shop around and see and if i can't find anything i guess ill just save some more money
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

For $400 you can find a nice Peavey tube amp. Try ebay, craigslist, daddys, and musicgoround.
alright. ill check those out.

also i have a Rocktron Rampage 10W right now so how much could i get for that?
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

it was 80 new, i got it from my friend for 30, so i was hopin at least 15. think i could get that at a pawn shop?
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell