So... Band situation.

I live 30 min. away from another guitarist. Pretty cool. Not as strong as the last guitarist I jammed with, but each held a different style.

The drummer I have in mind... This isnt totally his style (he prefers death metal as compared to punkish/regular hardcore/metal). We could meet up somewhere in the middle then ride 20 min. to other guitarist's house. It takes me 10-15 minutes to get to meeting place, drummer, 36.

Practice would be at other guitarist.

Other guitarist's neighbors are into pills and the like, possibly meth. Even though his practice shed is locked, they still dont tell the neighbors the good, expensive equipment they have; he refers to the equipment as just some "old amps". They seem like nice people, otherwise.

Am I taking a risk? Is this worth it?
There isn't anywhere else you can practice at?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
its just junkies?
well if you feel uncomfortable take you amp home after practice
and if they give you any trouble, stock up on meth and haggle your way out
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
It shouldn't be a problem... but never take chances, haul your amp back and forth each time you go there.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
They would steal. This one guy (forgot who for sure) tried to steal a pool pump from somewhere down the road to get $100 in pills.

Oh, and i AM and WILL bring my equipment home with me each time. If the event comes that I would stay there for the night...? I would have to bring my amp inside without being rude about it.
Um. No. Just. No. Practice at the drummer's house.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by Aus-10
So... Band situation.

I live 30 min. away from another guitarist. Pretty cool. Not as strong as the last guitarist I jammed with, but each held a different style.

The drummer I have in mind... This isnt totally his style (he prefers death metal as compared to punkish/regular hardcore/metal). We could meet up somewhere in the middle then ride 20 min. to other guitarist's house. It takes me 10-15 minutes to get to meeting place, drummer, 36.

Practice would be at other guitarist.

Other guitarist's neighbors are into pills and the like, possibly meth. Even though his practice shed is locked, they still dont tell the neighbors the good, expensive equipment they have; he refers to the equipment as just some "old amps". They seem like nice people, otherwise.

Am I taking a risk? Is this worth it?

big locks attract bigger lockbreakers
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
He had an old band that practiced there, they were a band from 2004-2007

And he tells the people that theyre just "old amps" to let them stay uninterested. They actually like the music though

Someone came in to visit a neighbor once (not sure if the druggie neighbors or not), and they wanted em to play a song

What about the time factor? Im not just rushin to play here because my last guitarist left... Or is this an opportunity? Keep in mind, we live a distance away. And starting next school year, he is going to a college that is still some distance from me. (About the same, maybe a littttle more, like a few minutes).
Where is everyone getting the stealing thing from? I didn't see anything about it.

If you're willing to have some death metal influences on your music, go for it. Until you have reason to think the guitarist would steal your gear, don't assume he will just because he's into some drugs. Is he just someone who does some every now and then for fun, or does he actually have an addiction?

EDIT: It seems I can't read. 00ps
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 27, 2007,
nono its the neighbors that do; this guy is straight-edge, no smoke no drink no drugs (as am i, and this idea we have for a drummer, the one that was in my past band, doesnt do drugs)

Its the neighbors
Aaaaah. In that case just keep it locked and don't tell them you've got stuff there. If they wouldn't break into it usually, they'd have no reason to do it if they don't know you've got your shit in there.

Or just practice at your drummer's house, that would probably be easier.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
No place to practice at drummers and he lives... Like. 45 minutes from me, an hour from other guitarist.

So i mean the neighbors... if theyre the ones that tried to take a pool pump from down the road for pill money...

I mean... If youre new, they can trick you into thinking that theyre nice...

But he has a Pearl drum set out there (double pedal), i think his 2 peavey XXL cabs, a marshall mode four head... A PA system... All out there. And a bass.

His EIGHT guitars im sure are kept inside.
cam is better but i like new is good to
My Gear

Fender Strat

Peavey EXP Predator

Epiphone SG G 400

FAB METAL PEDAL

FAB DISTORTION PEDAL

Danelectro BACON and EGGS PEDAL
Quote by Aus-10
No place to practice at drummers and he lives... Like. 45 minutes from me, an hour from other guitarist.

So i mean the neighbors... if theyre the ones that tried to take a pool pump from down the road for pill money...

I mean... If youre new, they can trick you into thinking that theyre nice...

But he has a Pearl drum set out there (double pedal), i think his 2 peavey XXL cabs, a marshall mode four head... A PA system... All out there. And a bass.

His EIGHT guitars im sure are kept inside.

Wow. You could hire an armed security guard?
Man... Idk. I could mention it to the parents, but druggie/thief/area im not familiar with/PERSON ive only seen a couple times in person...

They would get iffy.