My friend has 200 dollars to spend on a metal amp and I remember the cube series being good, is the 20x version alright? I remember one of them wasn't good.
What sound is he looking to get out of it? While the 20X is quite versatile, I like the clean and somewhat overdriven sounds of it, but not really the most distorted ones, personally I feel they are too fizzy. EDIT: Re-read your post, noticed "metal amp"... Yeah, personally I don't like it, although I can't mention any any other amp in this price range I like for this either.

I also like that it feels quite well made for something that cheap, and it sounds OK both at quiet and loud volumes.

There are a lot of reviews of it on Harmony Central, check those out also.
Last edited by whoismilan at Oct 27, 2007,
yeah a cube is good the more expensive ones have more modelling options me thinks. i have the older cube 15 and only got 4 amp modellers.
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
^ i think the 20 is the same, or at least similar.

micro or 30, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The microcube offers some good tones to play metal, but due to its tiny speaker you have to play it at relatively low volume.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS