Hey, i got a MIA strat in august and i seem to break strings every week for example i broke two on wednesday and one last week and so on. my question is could i get a replacement or refund from the guitar if i take it back to where i got it because of the string breakage situation? because this is getting beyond a joke!!
you didn't had this problem with your old guitar? cause if not, you should go back to the store and let them have a look if they can find a problem
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Yeah I had that with poor strings, & I had a sharp tuning peg on my dean that snapped about 7 B string, if it's a sharp tuning peg just get some very fine sand paper & sand down the sharp bit.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
ill talk to the guys in the shop first because if i do that and it dosnt work i have voided my waranty.

I may have to get it replaced wich will be a shame cause i love my strat and im gonna need it for my lesson on monday and i havent got a spare guitar to use if i need to send it away.
at the bridge, they can fix it though im not touching my strat until the warranty has expired.

not that im not confident enough to do it its just i dont want to have to.
another problem is that on the volume nad tone knobs the colour where the numbers are has completely gone so i just have plain whight letters not gold like it should be, on a vintage guitar i would accept this but on a 2 month old one.... i think not. maybe i should email fender?
Meh that's quite simply sharp saddle edges. Easy as ass to fix. You get a file and just lightly file the edge where the string sits at the break point down the tiniest bit till smooth. Sorted.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i know how to fix it but id rather them fix it, i could do it blind folded ive done tonnes of mods to guitars and pedals and such like but this is some thing they can sort out, you dont pay £700 for a new guitar for it to keep doing this!

am i entiled to a replacement or will they just fix it?
Tbh it's pretty ridiculous that you'd give it away to fix it when it's possibly the easiest guitar repair you can do.
Well when you pay so much for a guitar and it comes to you with problems thats not good, this is some thing fender should be chekcing on its guitars before they leave the factory. i dont know about you but £700 is a lot of money esspecailly for a gutiar that has several problems.
Check all the contact points of the strings. Could be a sharp bit causing them to break.

If you find one, file it down or something...
Quote by MrCarrot
Meh that's quite simply sharp saddle edges. Easy as ass to fix. You get a file and just lightly file the edge where the string sits at the break point down the tiniest bit till smooth. Sorted.

It's a brand new Made in America strat. He paid 3 times as much to NOT have to worry about things like this. Go to the shop, with the guitar, and make that point. Act polite, but un-satisfied, and raise a gentle stink. If they know what's good for them, they'll take your strat back and hand you a new one.
Thanks! Finally some one sees my point of veiw! i emailed fender about 24 hours ago so far nothing.... its not looking good!!

But i bourght a new set of strings yesterday and told the guy in the shop what the problem was he told me to bring it straight in on monday and he will look at it, chances are he will juet get it fixed but id like the dent on the back of the neck and volume pots replaced. meybe theyll give me a new guitar or refund the money to buy a similar priced one ( im looking at a flying v is thats the case ) but would love to keep a strat!!
Since you bought a premium guitar at full retail, your dealer should take care of the problem. He'll probably just replace a saddle. If you have a cosmetic issue on the neck that wasn't resolved before you took delivery (or, IMMEDIATELY after), that would be difficult for either Fender or the dealer to honor, and it's highly unlikely they'll do anything to remedy that issue aside from giving you a free set of strings or something. What's wrong with your volume pot? If it's a faulty pot, Fender should replace the part, and the dealer should pitch in on the labor.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Well the pot problem is that it has no gold lettering on it just a whight indented area where the letters would be coloured gold, i can expain it, its not the actuall pots its the pot coveres that you see on the out side of the gutiar.

any one know how to sort out the dent in the finesh on the neck?
I had that exact problem with my strat, i kept snapping the top E string and it was an MrCarrot says just a sharp edge on the bridge, very easy to fix but still i can understand you not wanting to do it yourself. I didn't attempt repairs on my strat for years but now i'll do almost anything
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I still don't understand. To get your dealer to repair it, you'd have to take it to them, wait, etc. Who cares how much it costs? Half the Gibsons I've seen in shops are somehow defective.
Dude I payed £700 for my Dime & I just files down the sharp point, now it's fine.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
Quote by The_0thersid3
Well when you pay so much for a guitar and it comes to you with problems thats not good, this is some thing fender should be chekcing on its guitars before they leave the factory. i dont know about you but £700 is a lot of money esspecailly for a gutiar that has several problems.

QFT

I think it's pretty rediculous that such an expensive guitar has such problems, even if it it the "easiest repair you could do". If your going to pay for a high end guitar, it better be damn good.

Quote by MrCarrot
Half the Gibsons I've seen in shops are somehow defective.

And you don't find that despicable?? Especially Gibsons, which all cost over a grand.
They make me sick...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
IMHO i think you're overreacting. Even the highest quality guitars can sometimes have issues. This is really minor and it would be more trouble for you if you take it back when you could've spent about half a minute fileing it down. Let's say you do take it back and they fix it. Then what? Will fender quality be stepped up because of this one incident? To the dealer it won't make a difference. They'll probably just file it down for you. What's next? Returning a guitar because the intonation is off?

On topic: I always use graphite string saver saddles. I love the tone and i havn't had a broken string on them. Ever.
i understand where your coming from but you can also see my point of view, im going to get replacement pots but do the repairs my self im more than confident enough to do it.

eventually i am going to get LR baggs peizo acoustic bridge for my strat so ill end up replacing it any way