Hey guys!! So I've been asked to play for a cancer fundraiser, and thought the song "Skin" by Rascal Flatts would be absolutely wonderful. My friend will be singing and I'll be playing my acoustic. I found a chords tab on UG (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/rascal_flatts/skin_crd.htm) and I've been listening to the track but I just can't seem to figure out some of the picking. Like it sounds pretty simple but then the guitarist throws in some extra plucks in there. And even if I do just leave out the extra plucks it seems to sound too not interesting enough for 300+ people. It's just my guitar and my friends voice. So UG.. any recommendations? Or anyone got a real good tab? Any help would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
please guys this is a pretty important gig for me...

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Haven't heard the song before, and my speakers are down.

I imagine the picking you mean is of a country-ish variety. You've got the chords already, now all you need to do is either arpeggiate those chords every-so-often, or thrown in a few licks built around that chord.
There are a lot of picking lessons on the net.Check the UG lessons section, you might just find it.
it's not so much picking. like i know how to, its just it seems like theres extra notes in a beat and i can't quite pick them out.

Quote by MiasmA

CASE CLOSED..
well since its a cover just throw in a few that sound good, the crowd will never know lol
Quote by Connor6c
I sucked on my mom's nipples
So you want a tab for the piano part, is that it?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
i'll give it a listen later tonight if no one else has helped by then
I don't think it needs to be anything too fancy. I found when I was playing it that picking the root, the third, and then the top of the chord sounded pretty good for verses, and then just the boom chicka strum for the chorus.

Especially since its just you and her, you don't want what you're doing on the guitar to be distracting from her voice. In this case, I think keeping it simple would be best...but its just my opinion.

EDIT: I listened to it again, and I was picking 4 notes out of each chord and playing the top of it. Also, I think as long as you pay attention to the root of the chord (Like the D/F# and the A/C#) you'll be fine, since it will automatically add some color to the song. (though I'm sure you knew that)

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Oct 30, 2007,