hi!
i;m plannin to get a mfx pedal..
and currently looking at zoom g series..
my question is..
should i just get the G2 or the G2.1u?
is the expression pedal any good?
thanks...
good choice in pedal

definitly go for the Zoom G2, i've got one and theyre everything u want. Good distortion effects, a very nice chorus effect etc.. Dont get the G2.1u cos its like about £20-£30 more and there is any decent wah effect on the pedal, just dont get it! lol. So yeh go for the G2, u wont be disapointed.
I know nothing about the pedals but here's my input.

Your probably best getting the one with the expression pedal. Otherwise some of the effects will be useless on the G2.

Try looking at other Multi-FX. Maybe see if you can pick up the BOSS ME-50 on ebay for around 100 quid (which what im guessing the Zoom pedal will be about.)
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
^^ ive seen the g2 for about £45
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
I have the g2.1u. Don't listen to the guy who said the distortion was good - it really isn't. They're really good other than that though. Don;t other with the g2 - get the g2.1u. Having the ability to reduce the amount of the effect is a major plus point in my book and it also can e used as a volume pedal. 100% worth the extra money
G2.1u expression pedals are way fun

but £40 quids a steep gap, depends on how much u like wah, pitch shift.
im not sure but i think the pedal controls the level of the effect e.g. rate of flange and stuff which makes it hella easier.
if you got the money get the pedal version if not get the unit or it may be worth savin to 130 quid for a pro level one with a goldmine of fx (G7.1ut)

Btw my mate has the zoom 707II or something the really old model and thats awesome, so this will at least be just as good more likely better
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by AngerIsAGift06 at Oct 27, 2007,
thanks for the replys..
urm..it will actually be my 1st ever pedal..
and i dont plan to get a complicated one..but abit of fine tuning of the effects would b nice..
the i've found a site for the G2 patches..and it looks fun! haha
a buddy of mine just got a ax3000g..it looks great..but he only use abit of the effects..
i dont wanna spend alot for tons of effects when i'll only be using a few...
i feel the G2 is sufficient i guess... err..its not a bad choice rite? lol

I play Metalcore-atreyu etc,My Chemical Romance,Pop Punk, Paul Gilbert and a bit of blues...

DonkeyFly: hmm..i like the ME50..but the price is abit on the high side..

I'm aware tht the Gseries have 96kHz Sampling freq and a 24bit a/d conversion..but
what will a better sampling freq and more bits do to a pedal??

thanks again!! :P
The distortions aren't very good, but the effects are. Also, I'd suggest get the G2.1U. Not only is the expression pedal very useful, you can record straight to computer with the usb cable, and when it's plugged into the computer, you hear the computers sounds from the output (unaffected by effects) so you can easily play over songs.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
G2.1u expression pedals are way fun

but £40 quids a steep gap, depends on how much u like wah, pitch shift.
im not sure but i think the pedal controls the level of the effect e.g. rate of flange and stuff which makes it hella easier.
if you got the money get the pedal version if not get the unit or it may be worth savin to 130 quid for a pro level one with a goldmine of fx (G7.1ut)

Btw my mate has the zoom 707II or something the really old model and thats awesome, so this will at least be just as good more likely better

oh ya..i've tried my mates 707II..err.. i dun like the distortion..or maybe i dont know how to alter the patches...
but i'm guessing the G2 would be better becos there's a 6band EQ..hmmm
i never been really happy with the zoom products , ive owned a quite a few in my time , mostly as they are cheap , if you can try and a boss product and compare them that would be the best ,
the reason im not crazy with zoom is the effects sounds very digital but to be fair you could do worse than zoom .
Quote by letterkills
thanks for the replys..
DonkeyFly: hmm..i like the ME50..but the price is abit on the high side..

It would be an investment and a good investment. Trust me, i've had alot of pedals over the past 2 years and cheaper isnt the way to go.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by damien guitar
i never been really happy with the zoom products , ive owned a quite a few in my time , mostly as they are cheap , if you can try and a boss product and compare them that would be the best ,
the reason im not crazy with zoom is the effects sounds very digital but to be fair you could do worse than zoom .

+1
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by damien guitar

Have you tried the G-series?
I own the G2.1u and the only thing useful to me on it anymore is the tuner. The distortion on it is eh, and the effects aren't really that great either, but decent for the price. Buying singles is always better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've got the G2.1u
It's great, I'm going to assume the g2 has no expression pedal.

It's a good effect when you are on a budget and you want some different tones,
but it doesn't mix well with amp effects at all.

Oh and the pitch shifter is kind of crap IMO, it doesnt alter the pitch it generates something like it instead.....
I don't even shred
Quote by Nebjy
I've got the G2.1u
It's great, I'm going to assume the g2 has no expression pedal.

It's a good effect when you are on a budget and you want some different tones,
but it doesn't mix well with amp effects at all.

Oh and the pitch shifter is kind of crap IMO, it doesnt alter the pitch it generates something like it instead.....

er..what do u mean by 'it doesn't mixed well with amps effects''?
u mean, if i plug it to my amp..it wont sound good? or u meant tube amps?