Hi

First post here... Going to study in Australia for a semsester (living in sweden) and I thought I'd buy a new electrical guitar down there, but I don't want to buy another small amp (already have a Vox DA 15). What do you think the best alternives would be? Thinking about buying some thing cheap like the lightsnake cable (since Im going to bring my laptop.) Or perhaps invest in something hightech and better .

Appericiate som tips thanks

Cheers
NO! DONT BUY A GUITAR HERE! THEY COST HEAPS!

they cost at least 2x the US price, which is gay

If youre only down here for a semester, i say get a computer program that'll do amp simulations (such as garageband or amplitube) and just plug ur guitar into the line in. its gunna sound bad, but its cheap and only for a short while.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
NO! DONT BUY A GUITAR HERE! THEY COST HEAPS!

they cost at least 2x the US price, which is gay

If youre only down here for a semester, i say get a computer program that'll do amp simulations (such as garageband or amplitube) and just plug ur guitar into the line in. its gunna sound bad, but its cheap and only for a short while.

i agree, guitars and effects are so expensive here..
if you have the extra weight just bring yours over or buy a second hand one here

as for amps, if you don't wanna just your computer all the time just buy a 2nd hand little amp, or a big amp and mail it back when you're going back
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Hehe Yeah they might be twice the american price, but here in sweden everyone I talked to said I probobly could get a cheaper guitar there Yeah a second hand amp might be something and selling it again. Still I'm probobly just gonna use headphones since I'll probobly gonna live in a shared living. I tried plugging in my guitar to my line in but cheap dell built in soundcard has terrible latency. Maybe I should buy a new sound card? The lightsnake thingy has its own soundcard?

Going to Wollongong. Not really sure where it is (yeah I know, I should know that) but I think its about 100km south of Sydney.

Thanks for the replies

edit: Yeah I hope I will have fun. About the time when I leave in February it's gonna be snowy as hell here
Btw, any tips on upcoming concerts in the nearabouts of Wollongong?
Last edited by Sidi at Oct 27, 2007,