I have a 24 fret ibanez ziphos with floyd rose type bridge. The problem is that ever since I changed the strings I haven't been able to get the tuning back to standard pitch and end up playing in D standard (Eb just sounds bad to me). The bridge always angles away from the body no matter what I try. I've tried change how the springs are setup and used the same gauge of strings that it came equiped with (10-46). Its been pissing me off and I have no ideas short of getting it professional set up, but then I'd have to do that each time.
I have this problem with my FR. It still does it after i got it set up...

I need to take it back.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
my ibanez rg needs 9's to beable to get up to standard.
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
I have ajusted the spring tension. I went through the manual to see what I could do, plus you need to ajust the string tension to balance the bridge at any tuning. It just seems strange that I use the same string gauge as ibanez but even If I increase the tension as much as I can it still angles out.
Quote by Arius
I have ajusted the spring tension. I went through the manual to see what I could do, plus you need to ajust the string tension to balance the bridge at any tuning. It just seems strange that I use the same string gauge as ibanez but even If I increase the tension as much as I can it still angles out.

what Ibanez/trem is it?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Edge 3. I know their ****e but christmas is coming up so I can't fork out for an original floyd or anything
thats the reason why then, they're made from an alloy of blu-tac, foil and dust haha
the part that locks your strings in has probably worn out. save up replace it with an Edge

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Its about 3 months since I brought it. Its not worn out yet
you'd be surprised how fast Edge III's wear out
some can be a matter of months

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
thats the reason why then, they're made from an alloy of blu-tac, foil and dust haha
the part that locks your strings in has probably worn out. save up replace it with an Edge

mm, i doubt the string locks wuld have worn out s quickly no matter how crappy the trem is.

I say, just go get it set up proffesionally once and watch the guy do it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350