After having a browse in the 'Ultimate Gear' stickied thread and finding no information on effects pedals but lots of info on amps I thought I'd ask the community directly.
So yeah, I'm looking for an effects pedal for between £150 to £200. Obviously for that price I'm not going to get anything spectacular; so right now I'm looking at a BOSS ME 50 and a Line6 Floor Pod Plus. Anyone got any good or bad experiences with those bad-boys?
I have a Boss GT-8 for sale, probably with about 10 minutes worth of use.
Just never got round to using it properly so it's in perfect condition.
PM me if you're interested
I had a Boss GT-3, did the job great at a great price but it was a bit tone sucking. If you spend a good amount of time setting it up though, it could be great for less than £100
Zoom G9.2tt £165 off GAK with a couple tubes boo yar line 6 and boss
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by AngerIsAGift06 at Oct 27, 2007,
I don't reccomend the Boss ME-50. It's tone isn't as spectacular as lots of people say. The lead guitarist in my band uses one. You need to attach an extra footswitch to change patches or something like that. And also when you change tone there is a silent gap which can really screw with our life performance. He used to have an old Zoom. It only had 2 buttons for stepping on but it was easier to use and the tone was just as good and it's a whole lot cheeper.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_g21u_guitar_fx_pedal.htm

I reccomend this.

EDIT: It's actually cheaper on GAK:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/zoom-g2-1u/68310
Last edited by Icarus Lives at Oct 27, 2007,
^ Please dont buy the g2.1u, i had it and it's pretty crap. Especially compared to other multi-FX like the Toneworks AX1500 or Boss ones
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Thanks for the sharp replies guys, I'm looking into the BOSS GT8 as we speak. I forgot to mention, distortion doesn't mean too much for me. My amp gives all the distortion I need for a lifetime lol. Though I have to say the Zoom G9.2tt does look impressive for the dough. Decisions, decisions.
Last edited by G^h33! at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by jxljxl
^ Please dont buy the g2.1u, i had it and it's pretty crap. Especially compared to other multi-FX like the Toneworks AX1500 or Boss ones

I have a G2.1U, and while the distortions aren't very good, most of the effects are.
I recommend the ME-50. I have one and have never had a problem with it. You should be able to find a used one for around £100 aswell
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...