Page 1 of 2
Think about it. Next time you leap up off a chair and run upstairs 'cos your phone is ringing, hundreds of small tendons, muscles and bones all move, complimenting each other perfectly. Most people never even consider it. I personally think we are all (me especially ) are amazing.

Discuss.
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Gay THread
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
the human body is amazing but then it should be after millions of years of evolution
Awww
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
it would be more amazing if we existed in the 8th dimension...
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Raziel2p
Boobies

I concur.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Raziel2p
Boobies

I concurr with this good fellow here. Also..snatch.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Just think of all the different chemical reactions happening simultaneously in your brain, nerves, muscles, digestive system, etc., when wailing on guitar. Or masturbating.

It's also neat to think we're these tiny little things stuck to a big muddy ball by static cling, whipping through the universe at millions of miles an hour around a giant chunk of apocalyptic plasma.
Quote by ThirstyWoodenWh
It's also neat to think we're these tiny little things stuck to a big muddy ball by static cling, whipping through the universe at millions of miles an hour around a giant chunk of apocalyptic plasma.

What a cool way of putting it.

THIEVED
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
It's also interesting to think that despite all this, it's totally irrelevant to our interests, while things like reproduction, money and attention are the things that matter the most. How selfish and uncivilized of us, honestly.
I'm a communist. Really.
What's this about the toe having the most number of bones in our body?

And... +1 to:

BEWBZ.
Quote by purplegreendave
Think about it. Next time you leap up off a chair and run upstairs 'cos your phone is ringing, hundreds of small tendons, muscles and bones all move, complimenting each other perfectly. Most people never even consider it. I personally think we are all (me especially ) are amazing.

Discuss.

...........I tend not to think that much...........[/thread]
i personally prefer astronomy, far more amazing

That cloud of gas is millions times the size of earth, let alone our solar system

those 2 galaxys are colliding because of shear gravitation pull

i love astronomy =)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Whats more impressive is its ability to repair itself perfectly, knowing exactly when to stop.

Wrong.

Scar Tissue replaces skin, or any other damaged tissue within the body, for that matter, and doesn't function well at all. If 20% of your liver gets scarred, that's 20% that's never gonna work again.

Quote by Taylz24

That cloud of gas is millions times the size of earth, let alone our solar system

Don't you mean "That cloud of gas is millions times the size of our solar system, let alone earth"

The way you put it is incorrect usage of the "let alone" thingy.
Quote by Raziel2p
Boobies

Take away the 'ie' and you'll get what I was about to post.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Taylz24

i love astronomy =)

i agree i really hope we can even find some kind of intellectual lifeforms within this life time..
or travel through space whichever comes first
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Taylz24

i love astronomy =)

Amen to you sir. Astronomy is amazing... I did a project on Black Holes last year... I thought I was actually getting somewhere =(

But still those pic of the Nebula (I think? My astronomy is a wee bit dusty) are simply beautiful
Don't be stupid!

Ug'ers don't get phone calls...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by shreddin_frets
Amen to you sir. Astronomy is amazing... I did a project on Black Holes last year... I thought I was actually getting somewhere =(

But still those pic of the Nebula (I think? My astronomy is a wee bit dusty) are simply beautiful

yeh, the horsehead nebula, its fair cool, its comparatively small to some others though

for eg this one

the eagle nebula, the 1st one i posted (which i think is about 3.5 ly's wide) would be rather small on this one which is about 70-80 ly's wide...

for those of you who would like to know, a lightyear (ly) is 9 234 000 000 000km (or 5 735 237 400 000 miles)
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Last edited by Taylz24 at Oct 27, 2007,
Yup. And all of that happened as a complete coincidence with no guidance whatsoever.

Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Yup. And all of that happened as a complete coincidence with no guidance whatsoever.

That's your personal belief, don't roll your eyes at what someone else thinks.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Alright let's not get into a religous debate here.... (sorry for the backseat moderating, this topic is quite interesting and I don't want it locked)

And as for being on topic, I love the human body. Especialy...

Quote by Raziel2p
Boobies
Quote by shreddin_frets
I don't want it locked

Nor do I.

Quote by shreddin_frets
Especialy...
Quote by Raziel2p

Boobies

But that's not helping
Yes I am amazing. I deserve a hot, JUICY, burger!.....And so do you....

30 browny points for whoever gets that.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I think it's gross...

Unless your a super model in a skimpy outfit, then yes quite amazing..
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
How the fuck did something like Haemoglobin in our blood become as it is, that just shows the power of evolution, even though evolution itself is quite simple and unthought process.

Here's a question to develop the thread. Do you believe that Evolution and an Abrahamic religion can live side by side, or are though both totally different ideas. I am findign it harder and harder to believe in the religion that I have been brought up believing as I read further into things like Evolution. If there were a superior being that created everything, I wonder why something such as the body is not alot more simple and efficient at carrying out day to day things. An example of this is our respiritory system, how we have to pump air in, and then out when compared to something like a shark where is goes through one end and through the other making it more energy efficient, obviously taking into account that a shark has to be continuosly moving.
Quote by Douche ©
stuff

I think religon and evolution can live hand in hand, but not in the way religon has been to date. Religon can adapt, and still provide "purpose," "morality," and a "way of life," because lets face it; they are all by-products of religon. Evolution can answer questions that religon simply can't; where we come from and why we are like we are; why do we stand upright as opposed to nearly all other creatures etc.
Page 1 of 2