Just finished the book and thought it was absolutely amazing. The scottish dialect took a while to get to used to, but it when it did it really brought the characters out more. Anyone else read it? Seen the movie? How do they compare?
i loved the movie, and wish i had read the book before hand to compare. i havent read the trainspotting book but have always been meaning to. Read another one of her books though called 'Glue', its really good, again you have to get used to the dialect but in my opinion it brings the book out way more, as you said.
The movie is amazing, I would like to read the book. My avatar is Renton.
666 BRO
Seen it and read it, both have their perks. but the book is probably a little bit better, there's more going on and the POV changes are really interesting. Overall, if you liked the movie, read the book, and if you liked the book, read the movie.
Great book. The Edinburgh lingo is a bit off putting at first but once you get used to it it really helps get you into the book. Some parts in the book I literally laughed out loud which is rare, but yeah it is an excellent book. The film is also amazing.
Quote by kroberts8
Seen it and read it, both have their perks. but the book is probably a little bit better, there's more going on and the POV changes are really interesting. Overall, if you liked the movie, read the book, and if you liked the book, read the movie.

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by splinter26
i loved the movie, and wish i had read the book before hand to compare. i havent read the trainspotting book but have always been meaning to. Read another one of her books though called 'Glue', its really good, again you have to get used to the dialect but in my opinion it brings the book out way more, as you said.

???
I wanna grow up to be a debaser