1 1%
BC rich NJ
0 0%
PRS SE series
9 12%
Others
8 11%
Voters: 73.
This thread should be directed to those of you who is looking for your second guitar. Or those rich bastards who has tonnes of money to splash.

Anyway. I made a poll. So it is easier to see which one is the favourate. (Don't say things like you can't compare one guitar to another. This is just to give people a general idea.)

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

No Schecters?
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
id go for an ibanez S series + some pickups of your choice, i put EMGs in my S520EX and it sounds amazing.

Depends what you want in a guitar however.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
If you're willing to ship from abroad, edwards.

Quote by buckethead_jr
Hmm, i wish you could choose more than one option

My vote :
Ibanez RG1570 if for a trem
Washburn x50pro for one without.

agreed, if you aren't. gordon smith. godin, MIJ tokais (some might just sneak in under budget) and blade would also be great candidates in that price range.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
schecter has to be an option lol so i say others
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Quote by Dave_Mc
If you're willing to ship from abroad, edwards.

agreed, if you aren't. gordon smith. godin, MIJ tokais (some might just sneak in under budget) and blade would also be great candidates in that price range.

Which models would you recommend Dave?
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
^ you mean of all of those, or specific brands?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
All I'd like to know your opinion, my next guitar would be around this range

Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
OK...

Edwards, I've only tried two- mine (LP standard), and a LP junior doublecut clone... I think the general consensus is that the lacquer taste series models (or even better, the signature, relic series, though they're a bit more cash) have the vintage mojo, so they're the ones to go for. Though it must be said, a few models aren't available in LTS, and I'd suspect (though I'm not sure) they're still worth it, if you must have *that* particular model.

Gordon Smith, i've tried several, they all were pretty nice, but obviously the cheaper the better. Major problem with GS is, if you stick with the basic model, they're great value, but if you try to customise them, the price quickly escalates. If you can make do with only a bridge pickup, and don't need things like paint or bridge you can intonate (seriously), you can get one for under £400, which is awesome for a hand-built made-in-England guitar. If you need two pickups and paint, you're probably talking more like £550- £600 (or even more), depending on model. Still good value, say for their gypsy or sg, but not just as good value.

MIJ tokais... i've tried some random models. Basically from what I've tried, I'd prefer edwards rather than the £400-£600 MIJ tokais, but the more expensive tokais (around £1000) are nicer than edwards. those are twice as much, though.

Blade, i've tried the £350 blade tele and strat. They're nice if you want a strat or tele with a little more versatility (they have an in-built preamp, so you have a wider range of tones- you can also bypass this and have basically a stock strat/tele). I'd prefer either of these to an MIM, and they're a similar price. Only problem is the tele isn't available with a maple board (if that's something you want) until you hit the £600 ones.

Godin... I think i've only tried the HSH one... it seemed pretty nice, for around £300. Versatile, pickups probably could do with swapping, though. There are several other godins under £500, probably worth a try too, if at all possible.

All in my opinion, and based on the models I've tried. Of course it's possible I tried an inordinately good (or bad) example of any of those. Also these are based on UK pricing (or in the case of edwards, japanese... ), I know ireland is a rip-off for gear...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd take a Minarik Inferno over any of those fixed bridge, humbuckered guitars.

Have you heard the resonance and frequency response on those things? Holy crap.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 27, 2007,
Ibanez RG1570 or the S series, both quality guitars.

PSN ID: ArranP
Ah great stuff I think I'll check out GS for its range of lefty models. Thanks

EDIT: ^^ Wrong link?
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
^ yeah, GS don't charge extra for left-handers, which is cool.

plus we all know FUA has a jimmy eat world obsession. it's not his fault he gets confused sometimes...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by plankermaxx
Ah great stuff I think I'll check out GS for its range of lefty models. Thanks

EDIT: ^^ Wrong link?

Oops.

Fixed.

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, GS don't charge extra for left-handers, which is cool.

plus we all know FUA has a jimmy eat world obsession. it's not his fault he gets confused sometimes...

It's true.

Guess what band I'm seeing both nights following my birthday?

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
For under £500, my money goes on an Epi LP Custom + upgrade it a touch, a Fender standard Strat + upgrades, or a mid-range Kramer. Not much else worth buying under £500.
I think the Epiphone LP Custom would be one of the last things I'd buy in that price range (unless it was one of those crazy Japanese ones?).

To each their own .
Quote by utsapp89