Is there any way to paint a guitar body to end up looking like silk? if not, how abouts would i go and literally put silk fabric on the face,back, and sides?
imo good quilt tops sometimes look like silk. but if youre gunna be doing a solid wood thingy such as alder, i dunno
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
I can't imagine covering your guitar with material doing a whole lotta good to your guitar's clarity..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by philjay
I can't imagine covering your guitar with material doing a whole lotta good to your guitar's clarity..

Nevermind being bloody annoying after a while.

And plus, isn't real silk a lil bit pricey? so how shit would it be to get enough to cover your guitar then have it scuff or something.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Most silk garments are dry-clean only. Not sure how you would go about cleaning it ignoring the fact that silk is one of the most delicate fabrics there is. I feel it would be a PIA to maintain to keep it looking good.

Most material jobs on axes I've seen are cammo and the fabric is that mailitary tough stuff.

Chris