Ok guys..i have this question...

You see,my crappy guitar gave me some problems and i had to fix it by taking apart the guitar...Then i went to unscrew the pickups and wondered...

What difference would it make if the pickups were placed at a higher position compared to a lower position?
Closer to the strings makes it louder, but too close and you run the risk of the strings buzzing against the pickup or the magnetic pull negatively effecting sustain.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Closer to the strings makes it louder, but too close and you run the risk of the strings buzzing against the pickup or the magnetic pull negatively effecting sustain.

Yes, except if they are active pickups. Active pickups won't negatively affect the sustain by moving them too close. (unless the HIT the strings)
WTLTL 2011
i think that if you make the neck pickup closer to the pickup guard if there is one...it might make that one sound better
and for the bridge, i leave mine close to the strings, but not THAT close...maube leave like half a centimeter or something idk
but i dont think it matters with emgs or the new duncan designed actives
but messing around with your pickup hight does affect tone not crazy alot tho i dont think
If the pickup is too bright, lower the polepieces underneath the treble strings, and raise those underneath the bass strings. I set it so that the polepices gradually get higher as you move from the high E to the low E string. do the opposite if the sound is to bassy or muddy . its one way to get a more balanced tone espeically if you dont have great pickups.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
The big thing it affects is, the action of the strings. You dont want high action with high pickups; it'll be pretty damn uncomfortable. Try to keep them in the position where they were, and if they were a little higher than you want em, then lower them if you can. Don't try to force anything.

Good luck!