Page 1 of 2
okay, so the other day i get home from school, and i find the plastic covering over the screen of my laptob is a bit cracked, so i'm all like wtf? i mean it had been a little bit weird lately, i try closing it, *CRACK* oh sh*t!.. the whole bottom part of the plastic covering is all like sticking out, sh*t.. i unscrew most of the sh*t, and take it out, on the side that its f*cked up, its missing a huge metal piece the other side has. now. for this piece to get out without me noticing, it would have had to unscrew itself, come out, and the screws would somehow have to go back in, besides the fact that its like 2 inches big, i doubt it was there in the first place.. now i can't close the screen.. think i can somehow b*tch about it to hp and get a new one?
Quote by Spitz13
okay, so the other day i get home from school, and i find the plastic covering over the screen of my laptob is a bit cracked, so i'm all like wtf? i mean it had been a little bit weird lately, i try closing it, *CRACK* oh sh*t!.. the whole bottom part of the plastic covering is all like sticking out, sh*t.. i unscrew most of the sh*t, and take it out, on the side that its f*cked up, its missing a huge metal piece the other side has. now. for this piece to get out without me noticing, it would have had to unscrew itself, come out, and the screws would somehow have to go back in, besides the fact that its like 2 inches big, i doubt it was there in the first place.. now i can't close the screen.. think i can somehow b*tch about it to hp and get a new one?

ROFFLE WAFFLES

But seriously... you're screwed...
its called a laptop, and obviously the first thing you do is contact the manufacturer.

idiot.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by purplegreendave
eNgrish?

+1 thatd be a good start
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
its called a laptop, and obviously the first thing you do is contact the manufacturer.

idiot.

oh, i don't see how the message couldn't get across becouse of one f*cking letter..
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

idiot.

Says the kid who hides behind his keyboard.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']how long you had it?

10 months. the screen had been a little weird for a long time, but this week it completely broke..
Quote by Spitz13
synonim for notebook?

?

Laptop?

You know, because it goes on top of your lap?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
Laptop?

You know, because it goes on top of your lap?

dude, read the whole thread before posting, someone pointed that out, and i don't give a ****.. the message got across.
Quote by Spitz13
10 months. the screen had been a little weird for a long time, but this week it completely broke..

well, im pretty sure the manufacturer's warranty is 1 year (i just got a new hp), but they would argue that it was YOUR fault and not their crappy work.. HP is a bitch to work with..

BTW i have a circuit city warranty that covers everything.. so if i ran over it with a car on purpose i'm covered
Quote by Spitz13
dude, read the whole thread before posting, someone pointed that out, and i don't give a ****.. the message got across.

No you didnt, i cant understand a word of what you first posted
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Do you have a warranty?

I'm pretty sure i have a one year warranty, but i'm sure it says something about having to be in the u.s., witch is where i bought it.. but i'm in uruguay.. so i don't know if that's still valid..
I'm going to ignore the comments about spelling

Yeah, look for an email address, and complain about it, just make sure you say you haven't touched it, because the completely voids the warranty when you mess about with it
Quote by *Juno*
No you didnt, i cant understand a word of what you first posted

i dont understand a word of what you are saying.

i posted this

Quote by Spitz13

but you claim i didn't do something. nowhere in that post did i say i did anything, i would assume you meant, no IT didn't as in, no the message didn't get across, but if you won't assume laptob means laptob, i wont assume for you.. so i say again, i don't understand a word of what you just said.
Quote by purplegreendave
try again

>_>

meh. what ever. i'll contact hp.. i'm glad at least 2 or 3 pit people actually had the mental capacity to go over the spelling mistakes, for thoose of you that can't comprehend it.... good day.
Quote by Ehh

er, what? i'd happily go and tell the threadstarter that he's an idiot to his face, but yknow, i'd really rather not bother with the hassle of like, taking a flight all the way to wherever the fuck he lives. so i think i'll stick with the internet, thanks. i mean, jeeeezzz, its pretty ridiculous to complain at someone for criticising someone via the internet, i mean, we're on the internet, numbnuts, how the fuck else am i going to do it?

oh and to the threadstarter:

the fact that you got your point across is irrelevant. be more articulate, especially if you're declaring yourself to 'speak perfect english' (which is, of course, a ridiculous concept). and, for the record, i told you what to do. you contact the manufacturer. it doesnt take a genius to figure that out.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by Ehh

Ooh look, a hypocrite.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
er, what? i'd happily go and tell the threadstarter that he's an idiot to his face, but yknow, i'd really rather not bother with the hassle of like, taking a flight all the way to wherever the fuck he lives. so i think i'll stick with the internet, thanks. i mean, jeeeezzz, its pretty ridiculous to complain at someone for criticising someone via the internet, i mean, we're on the internet, numbnuts, how the fuck else am i going to do it?

the fact that you got your point across is irrelevant. be more articulate, especially if you're declaring yourself to 'speak perfect english' (which is, of course, a ridiculous concept). and, for the record, i told you what to do. you contact the manufacturer. it doesnt take a genius to figure that out.

oh please, oh please show me where i declared myself to 'speak perfect english'
Quote by Spitz13
oh please, oh please show me where i declared myself to 'speak perfect english'

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Spitz13/

Well, i'm an average 15 year old.. been plaguing guitar 2 years on and off but it got serious theese last 6 months. i live in uruguay but i lived in the u.s. so i speak perfect english.. umm.. i love led zeppelin and jimmy page, classic rock is awesome.
i have 2500 songs in my library and about 3 of them arent rock, and about 300 of them arent classic rock, so i guess you know where i'm headed. i feel like i was born in the wrong time musically, my friends don't really get it, but i dont care. rock on.

i looked on there to check if you actually had a valid reason for writing awful prose. how ironic.
can we please not argue over grammar
lets just help the guy with his damn laptob....

Yeah, email HP about your location and the situation, they should help out.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

idiot.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!

the fact that you got your point across is irrelevant. be more articulate. and, for the record, i told you what to do. you contact the manufacturer. it doesnt take a genius to figure that out.

Matt, that's twice in one thread you've used an epithet to describe TS.

He came here asking for advice.

He was NOT being arrogant or hostile until he was picked on.

You may be a great writer and well respected in S & L, but you are very quickly losing mine.

Spitz13, I haven't had much success dealing with HP.
They aren't very "customer friendly".
It doesn't hurt to try, though.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

You may be a great writer and well respected in S & L, but you are very quickly losing mine.

Spitz13, I haven't had much success dealing with HP.
They aren't very "customer friendly".
It doesn't hurt to try, though.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck,
SYK

thanks dude..
Quote by Spitz13
speaking.. and typing in a forum
are two completely different concepts dipshit..

oh, my bad. i forgot how easy it is to type a 'b' instead of a 'p', what with them being on opposite sides of the keyboard and everything.

and besides, when one writes the sentence 'i speak perfect english' theres an implicit meaning, given the context in this case, of 'i have a perfect grasp of the english language' and hence 'i type the english language perfectly'.

its the internet. theres no real force or intent behind what i'm saying, i'm just playing around.

besides, at least i told the guy what he ought to do. but it is a stupid thread.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by Spitz13
speaking.. and typing in a forum
are two completely different concepts dipshit..

You asked him to show you where you claimed to "speak perfect English." So he did.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
oh, my bad. i forgot how easy it is to type a 'b' instead of a 'p', what with them being on opposite sides of the keyboard and everything.

i never claimed it was a typo.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
and besides, when one writes the sentence 'i speak perfect english' theres an implicit meaning, given the context in this case, of 'i have a perfect grasp of the english language' and hence 'i type the english language perfectly'.

when i said i speak perfect english i meant, speaking, you know, what you do with your mouth. i don't exactly come on online guitar forums in search of grammar lessons, although you aparently get a kick out of preaching about grammar online.
Quote by Zeppelin256
You asked him to show you where you claimed to "speak perfect English." So he did.

yes he did, did i deny it?
I bumped the computer thread, if you have reccuring problems head on down to there
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by Spitz13

when i said i speak perfect english i meant, speaking, you know, what you do with your mouth. i don't exactly come on online guitar forums in search of grammar lessons, although you aparently get a kick out of preaching about grammar online.

i didnt want to get into this, but yknow, i just can't help myself sometimes.

i guess the truth is that i really don't understand how someone who is aware of what a laptop is and of how it is said could then write the word 'laptob'. it just confuses me. it cant be a typo, but it cant a misspelling either surely, because its spelt exactly as its spoken. it bemuses me. what bemuses me yet more is that you didnt instantly realise the mistake when questioned, but instead informed the respondent that it is a 'synonim [sic] for notebook'. none of it makes any sense. none of it follows. none of it is logical.

also, i really wanted an excuse not to read astrophil and stella.
Quote by Spitz13

You spell it wrong on purpose?

n00b.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Spitz13
yes he did, did i deny it?

No, you turned into an asshole about it.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by purplegreendave
I bumped the computer thread, if you have reccuring problems head on down to there

thanks man

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
i didnt want to get into this, but yknow, i just can't help myself sometimes.

i guess the truth is that i really don't understand how someone who is aware of what a laptop is and of how it is said could then write the word 'laptob'. it just confuses me. it cant be a typo, but it cant a misspelling either surely, because its spelt exactly as its spoken. it bemuses me. what bemuses me yet more is that you didnt instantly realise the mistake when questioned, but instead informed the respondent that it is a 'synonim [sic] for notebook'. none of it makes any sense. none of it follows. none of it is logical.

also, i really wanted an excuse not to read astrophil and stella.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/yknow

now stop. you aren't helping.
Page 1 of 2