Les Pauls;

Im planing to buy one

But Theres a Problem

Gib$on and Epiphone Les Pauls

Why does gib$on Les Paul gutairs cost sooooo much and epiphone cost so cheap?
Is it because of the specs? Ive looked at one mainly (just to see its price/Hardware) and its completely diffrent price wise. mainly;
Epiphone = $600-$900 ($900 is THE HIGHEST price ive seen on average)
Gib$on = $1000 and up!?! average?

I dont know what to buy, im willing to pay $1000 max on a les paul gutair (Or any other sugestions)

At first i wanted Matt Heafey's Les Paul

But, it was over $4000

So i wanted something like a cheaper alternitive, like epiphone, and found something simmilar on mucicians friend (sorry bout the spelling), i dont know the site (still looking fo it) but it looked exsactly the same, (same pickups, Frets E.c.t) and then compared it to matt's, and it was kinda the same (matt's is a custom, the black Gibson les paul). The only diffrence was the brand and price!, they varied drastically!

Answers?
.....•••••áñÐ ÝÔÜ Łhòûghł Wê w飀 Ð탃rëñ†•••••.....
The LTD EC1000 Deluxe.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
This is where emoticons come to die.

The price difference isnt always the hardware, its about the build quality and sometimes the quality of the wood used, mainly its about the way the guitars are made and the brand name, you will undoubtedly end up with a better guitar if you get a good Gibson compared to almost any epiphone les paul standard, whether or not its worth the huge price hike is up to the individual buyer.
Diezel, Motherfucker
k, thanx

Epiphone it is...
tell me if im wrong?
Look up Epiphone Elitist.
Some of the Les Pauls are around $1000 but you'll need to go a little above budget.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
you could also try other companies...

try checking out ESP's eclipses, i'm not too sure of the price but you might land something good....

also, check the reviews on this site; they can't tell you for sure how much you'll like it, but they can help in estimating the quality
Gibson's are made from higher quality wood and made in the USA. You're mostly paying for the fact it says 'Gibson' and has a Made in 'USA' stamp on the back. I've talked to people who will only want guitars made in the US. I think its strange, but whatever they want. Gibson's are better though, even if they are overpriced. I love my old beat up '89 Explorer. You could look around for used Gibson's, there are some great deals.
LTD EC1000 Deluxe;
Whoa? Nice.
I've talked to people who will only want guitars made in the US. I think its strange, but whatever they want. Gibson's are better though, even if they are overpriced.

I think you answered your own question there. Most American companies that produce overseas and in the US aim to make their US guitars better so they can sell them for more money. PRS is another great example of this. Fender, as well, but Fender guitars are the best value in the business, IMO.

The only problem with Epiphone is quality control. Same thing if you were buying a MIM Strat. You have to play them before you buy them. I've played some great Epi LPs - Standards, Customs, etc.
Hi, I'm Peter
LTD EC1000 Deluxe it is! Epi's are in a whole new perspective for me now, thanx!
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think you answered your own question there. Most American companies that produce overseas and in the US aim to make their US guitars better so they can sell them for more money. PRS is another great example of this. Fender, as well, but Fender guitars are the best value in the business, IMO.

The only problem with Epiphone is quality control. Same thing if you were buying a MIM Strat. You have to play them before you buy them. I've played some great Epi LPs - Standards, Customs, etc.

in the US, perhaps- not in europe, and, i assume, australia.

To threadstarter: look into edwards. I seem to remember from my research into edwards that aussies managed to import them for around $1000 AUS. Don't quote me though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?