How do you guys feel about the Boss RC-2 Loop Station Effect Pedal? It looks nice, but I've never used it. A good friend of mine showed it to me yesterday, but we had somewhere to go.
Any expierences or other recomendations welcome.

Thanks

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
its fun and useful. if you like to get creative with your music, its a must have in your stable IMO.
Are the drum tracks as good as they say. He just set up a 4/4 metranome style to show me.

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
im not really into the drums. theyre alright, but you can kind of tell its not a real drummer. and for all the weird time sigs im going through they dont really serve a purpose for me. i personally just use it to record phrases to trigger later. youll most likely love it though.
I have the RC20XL, the big brother of the RC-2. Are you talking about the drum beats that come on the CD that you can add to the phrases? If so, I never use them either. I pretty much just use it to record some riffs and then I play over them. Playing a simple blues bar riff and soloing some blues scales is fun for hours.
The drums are decent. But there's only 4/4 and like 2 different beats for 3/4. If that's not a problem, then the drums are good. And he's talking about the "rhythm function" thing.

The pedal is good otherwise, too.
Yeah the drums are kinda fake sounding but honestly I think they are used just to help with your timing.

It pretty fun to use and it doesnt mess with your tone at all.
ive got the rc-20XL and its great.. its got a reverse button on it, so when youre done playin it will reverse everythign youve played..

and this is great cause you can overdub and turn this effect on and off without messing with the other layers
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
What he said.

You implying I should get that one instead of the RC-2?

Gear:
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko

n00bS....
Quote by Leftyguitar51
You implying I should get that one instead of the RC-2?
Well I find no use for the extre features of the RC-20xl over the RC-2. All I do is record and overdub. I got the RC-20xl 'cause it was available to me cheap.
These go to eleven...
My homie has one and played a few shows with it...but last night he played a show and the jack was ****ed. It's still cool.
I think the only difference beetween the RC-2 and the RC-20XL is the reverse feature. That and the other pedal (which can be bought separately for the RC-2.