Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar
RG3EXQM1
14 39%
Damien 6
6 17%
Limited Edition Gryphon
9 25%
Other (Please specify in a price range around $400)
7 19%
Voters: 36.
Of those 3, the 2 Schecters don't really give me any form of interest, same with the Ibanez, but that's my tastes, although tbh the flame black on the Ibanez is pretty, so I'm vouching for that. Also seem to have heard nothing but good news about their reliability
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I don't know about the other ones, but I got an RG3 and it works excellent stock, just change the tuners i guess :P

Why change tuners?
the flame black on the Ibanez is pretty

where did you see that?
Quote by jfloyd1879
Why change tuners?
after about 30 minutes of playing it starts falling out of tune.....

not too bad for practice, but I would imagine that could be troublesome in a gig
Quote by jfloyd1879
So any recommendations on tuners?

Anything locking really.

Look at Planet Waves, Gotoh and Schaller.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
schecter gryphon ftw
but please try it first... it has a totally different neck then the ibo
I play rock, classic rock, metal, jazz, and some blues. What does locking and double locking mean?
Quote by jfloyd1879
I play rock, classic rock, metal, jazz, and some blues. What does locking and double locking mean?

Double locking means that the string is locked in two places: at the bridge and at the nut.

These guitars usually have a floating trem with fine tuners and a locking nut.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Double locking means that the string is locked in two places: at the bridge and at the nut.

These guitars usually have a floating trem with fine tuners and a locking nut.

haha....
I remember my first guitar was a double locking, but i got it used so the allen wrench was missing, and i needed it to change strings, but never could since I couldn't find an equal size wrench :P

moral of the story: if you get double locking, make sure you keep the tools for it.
Alright so I tried an ibanez at the music store just an hour ago. I like the feel of it a lot more then the Schecter. So if I'm ganna get an ibanez, any idea of which one to get for around 400 bucks?
my rg3 stays in tune just fine... i just disliked the pickups so i swapped them out
I see no sign of fortress.
I'll probably get the Ibanez and get JB and Jazz pickups to replace the EMGS. Does that seem sensible?
Do yourself a favor and save up to get something decent.
rgs are nice...but if you wanted a damien go for the regular c-1 fr its only 50$ more
wait...are you looking for a guitar with a floyd rose?
uhh the damien 6 has a fr if you want it to
XD
uhh either the damien or the rg
But damn that Gryphon looks amazing and has incredible reviews. Can anyone say anything about it?