When I pluck a not on my high E the note wavers! Like when you're tuning and the notes aren't the same, except it does it when I'm only hitting one note! It's really noticeable when I'm really gain-y too, effin' sucks! Is this a problem with my intonation or what? How do I fix it?
its probably making a different string vibrate. like they have the same frequency. try muting all your strings but that one, and see if that makes a difference.
^ tried that already. Been playing bass for 7 years and guitar for two, so I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing, I just don't know what the problem is or how to fix it... it's really pissing me off though, 'cuz I'm so broke and I can't afford to have a repair guy look at it.
That is kind of strange. My amp loves to waver notes (grr), but my guitar never does that by itself.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
So, I called the local repair guy and figured it out! I explained it to him over the phone and he said it was probably the groove in my nut. I told him that I thought it was maybe an intonation problem, or maybe my bridge saddle was jacked up. He said to bring it in, and if it was what he thought it was or something just as simple he'd fix it for free. Took it in, plugged in and showed him and he explained to me that my strings were damaged, and I just needed new strings! Haha! Fortunately, I had bought a new set already but hadn't put 'em on. Apparently, the 76 hours I've spent on my guitar for the last two weeks bent the strings at just about every fret, but so much so that the high e sounded like it had a phaser effect on it! I felt like an idiot, but I'm stoked nothin' was wrong with my guitar! Guess I just have to change my strings more often... anyway, the problem was solved. If you ever experience the same problem, just change your strings and see if that helps.
What a relief. I always hate it when I get grooves in my nuts.

Lol, just messin around. I do hate it though when I seem to have a huge problem with something, then someone makes me look like an idiot by finding the problem in a few seconds. Once, I was about to change my sparkplug at the motocross track (which involves remving the gas tank) because my throttle response was suddenly very bad, so I thought I needed a new plug. I was about to unscrew the tank when my bro opened the airbox and showed me that someone toweled my airbox.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401