yeah i own an acoustic, my skills are limited...and this would be my first electric...Figured i would steer clear of the packages and go for something like this..I don't have an amp and i cant afford a decent one so i would probably go for just a practice amp.

As for music ..rock / indie..i'm a noob - i cant pay hommage to the gods of rocks like clapton
I would say the first one for your style. Ibanez for more rock. Look into a Roland Cube, they're little, inexpensive, and great practice amps.
You need to develop a guitar-playing style for you to decide... saying 'rock/indie' isn't helping much, but I think you should get the Ibanez anyway.
Quote by GoldenTrees

This is completely your decision.

I have the Epiphone and it's a very nice sounding and playing guitar, but you should try to make up your mind by playing these guitars yourself.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah maybe so...that ibanez looks pretty sweet tho...when u say more rock...what do you mean
That Ibanez is delicious, I played on in a store, but it was $400! Nab that sucker. Free shipping, and mf has a good return policy if it snaps in half or something. Which is won't, unless dropped from a tree. All my hardtail Ibanezs are solid as hell.
That dot studio's bad news, IMO. To be fair, the Ibanez will give you so much more, the third one just looks like somebody sneezed Ink. I'd go for the Ibanez, Epiphones have a tendancy to be dodgy until you get past the studios. There are some decent ones, but there's more of a chance. I'm sorry to anyone who owns these dots, but it just looks cheap to me. The iba has a feeling of been solid, so I'll go with that.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Yer go the Epiphobe archtop if it your first electric they alot better to learn more styles on and have a great feel to them.
Also the epiphone are better than ibanezs for learning diffrent styles
Quote by Korzack
That dot studio's bad news, IMO. To be fair, the Ibanez will give you so much more, the third one just looks like somebody sneezed Ink. I'd go for the Ibanez, Epiphones have a tendancy to be dodgy until you get past the studios. There are some decent ones, but there's more of a chance. I'm sorry to anyone who owns these dots, but it just looks cheap to me. The iba has a feeling of been solid, so I'll go with that.

The Epiphone Dot Studio, or at least mine, is a very reliable guitar. It sounds great and the finish is pretty durable. The neck is fatter than those on my Ibanez and Jackson guitars (no surprise there), but it's not as fat as that of a Les Paul.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
thanks for all the input ..so now ive narrowed it between the dot studio and that sweet looking ibanez.
so can someone explain to me what kind of music this guitar plays

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX100CA-Electric-Guitar?sku=517965

imma probably gonna get that over that epiphone studio dot refurbished...pair it with a kinda cheap practice amp just 2 have something i can play it on

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Drive-CD100-Guitar-Practice-Amp?sku=480390

get a guitar strap
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-D38-Solid-Guitar-Strap?sku=365005

and a 5 foot cable...probably :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live-Wire-Advantage-Series-14-Straight-Instrument-Cable?sku=330470

what do you guys think of this as a Starter pack for a first electric the total will be like 250
That Ibanez would be great for Rock N' Roll... I know a pal who's got a similar one to those in a sunburst & it really does kick some. Ok, he swapped the neck pickup for a P-90 like, but I've never seen him use it live. To be fair, with indie from what I've seen you need a good cleans, so maybe the dot would be a better idea. Still, I'll go with that Ibanez, t'is V. nice to me.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United