You must be getting raped on strings. The most I ever have to pay is 45 and thats for Thomastiks!

I'd say D'Addario's. Or Ernie Ball.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Rotosound Swing Bass strings are relatively inexpensive, if they're too much you can get even cheaper Rotosound strings but I'm not sure how they compare.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I've seen Ernie Ball's for $15, D'addrio's for $20
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
If your worried about bass strings, theres a technique where you boil them before you string the guitar. It apparently makes them last longer. You could give it a try, may save you lots of money
Quote by Sos-viper
If your worried about bass strings, theres a technique where you boil them before you string the guitar. It apparently makes them last longer. You could give it a try, may save you lots of money

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there, I think it's just a myth

Water + metal=bad
It makes them cleaner and sound new, but it makes the string weaker. You're supposed to do that with old strings. Anyways,
Ernie ball Hybrid Slinkys are amazing.
Quote by chocolateman900
I'm pretty sure you're wrong there, I think it's just a myth

Water + metal=bad

Wrong. Water+metal+air=bad. If you dry right away nothing bad will happen. However it still doesn't negate the fact that boiling does nothing.
Quote by Sos-viper
Wow thats the frist time i have ever been quoted
It may not be a myth it was in total guitar
But whether thats a reliable source.

Done and it soes make em sound brighter but they dull again very quickly. Another thing i heard isntead of boiling them was soaking them in denatured alchol. Supposdly if done right some people have got strings to last 10+ years though they are flatwound
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Pretty much all bass strings are under $40 on eBay.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
EBs (hybrids). Can't beat the quality for the price. I can get them on sale for under 16 USD
d'addarios, you can buy two sets of heavy strings for around $25. They last long enough and sound decent to boot.
i get rosseti stings off ebay they r really cheap but good. They were wat my epiphone thunderbird was fitted with when i brought it...never used any different
I dunno what it's like in the states but over here in the UK you can get some Ernie Ball Super Slinkies for around £14
WASHBURN SLICKS! trust me on this one, i have my set for 4 months now and they are BRIGHT as new, the only problem is they sorta hurt more fomr some reason 0.o like when you slide, skin burns, but thats nothing, the tone roxorz!!!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Power Slinkys FTW if you drop tune a lot. I have them on my bass in D standard though, and it still warped my neck. I'd watch out. If you use them, do so at your own risk.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
what style/tone are you goig for?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
GHS Bass Boomers. What's with everybody loving Ernie Balls so much? I find them to be overly bright and they tend to lose their tone too quickly.