Can someone give me tips for soloing ive been playin or 2 or 3 years and im great at rhythm and stuff like that but im pretty much a pathetic "soloer" or lead guitar.

can someone give me some tips??

Thanks
WOO
Gain good individual control of your fingers.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Scales. Learn a scale, and a few variations. Play random notes from a scale, and varaitions, until something strikes your fancy and feels natural.

Ps: there's a good article about this somewhere on UG.
Learn scales, especially the major and minor scales, as well as the major and minor penatonic at least. then take a backing track in a certain key, use a scale or two in the key, and just go at it. it takes alot of practice.
Quote by Anj
Can someone give me tips for soloing ive been playin or 2 or 3 years and im great at rhythm and stuff like that but im pretty much a pathetic "soloer" or lead guitar.

can someone give me some tips??

Thanks

You relly need to gain control of each of your fingers and you need to have an equal vontrol of your right hand, now. . . the best and relly the only way to play lead and to solo is to learn scales back to front i would sujest somehing like the a minor penotonic scales it will be hard at first but then once you learn all the shappes your will find it so easy to play lead in any key and solo in any key but it will take at least 2 weeks of solid practice like 2 hours a night but it depends on how fast you catch on patterns.
but take my advice i was exactly the same about 4 months ago now im playing lead for my band and some other guys as accompanies
Quote by Nugi
Can someone recomend a good rock backing track?:O

Yer there are tones and tones on the net you just got to look around for a bit and you will find em.
Ow yer by the some rando guy in my local allens music gave me this site it might have what you want : www.guitarbt.com he also said go to downloads
good luck
Quote by insane_asylum
Yer there are tones and tones on the net you just got to look around for a bit and you will find em.
Ow yer by the some rando guy in my local allens music gave me this site it might have what you want : www.guitarbt.com he also said go to downloads
good luck

Thanks bud, what songs do you like to solo to?
Quote by Nugi

Try comfortably numb
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Quote by Nugi

I like to improve alot and i relly want to get into sredding.
I am in a band but i want to start a better one lol but i relly love just sitting around and messing around with scales and shapes
Quote by m3k
Try comfortably numb

Thanks, downloading it now