Im basically at that point where I want to drop out of high school, but know I shouldn't. Mainly because I hate doing the same routine everyday, sitting through classes and a lunch hour bored out of my mind. So Im thinking about enrolling into a Online High School. Right now my parents are hesitant, they don't see any good coming out of it and they think im doing it just so I can be home to play drums all day. I don't really mind how I won't socialize with other students much, alot of my friends don't have the same classes or lunch hour as me and we only see eachother out of school so it wouldn't really matter.

For those of you who do know about these online high schools... Would you consider these classes harder? Do they count as regular credits to enroll into a university? Is there a certain schedule you have to do your work at home?

btw im 16, a jr in high school and don't have problems passing classes or learning. I have had B average grade in all my classes this year. Im just really tired of high school.
wtf just suck it up your almost done. i'm a junior and it sucks going to school,but i still have to go. at least ur not a freshman you'd have so many years left.
Just stay in regular school. it isn't that hard.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Dude... high scool might be boring, but online high schools will be even more boring.

Plus with high school you get to meet people, get drunk and hit on the lunch lady.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You and everyone else.
Just go through with normal school.
Take classes that interest you.
Hang out with interesting people.

Boom high school is over.

High School seemed very fast for me.
I don't know anything about Online High School, but I have a cousin in Florida that has these online classes and tests, but she has health problems so she can't go to school, but I think it uses the same system.
Quote by Kensai
Dude... high scool might be boring, but online high schools will be even more boring.

Plus with high school you get to meet people, get drunk and hit on the lunch lady.

-The lunch ladies at my schools have moles the size of mars on their face. Not thanks.

-School isn't hard. Its just sitting in those classes feels like a waste of time and I hate dealing with teachers, they treat you like you don't know anything.

-Yes I do have friends, but you can't really talk to them in classes because my teacers are assholes. Lunch period is just a big group talking about stupid ****...

-My district does have a independent thing, but its for the people who have really ****ty credits and GPAs.
Last edited by georgeazguitar at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by georgeazguitar

School isn't hard. Its just sitting in those classes feels like a waste of time and I hate dealing with teachers, they treat you like you don't know anything.

They teach you. Thats high school.
Its not a waste of time unless begging is your career of choice.
I'm only a sophmore, but I already hate school. At the start or 7th grade you're half done. You only have 1 3/4 years left!! Stick it out.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
School is the easiest thing you'll do in life. Stick with it, believe me, if you find school boring, it would only get even more so if it was JUST YOU on the online course. Think about it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Online school bites. I took it for a year, and wanted to kill myself, literally. I ate, slept, and did a little school work in my basement. I literally talked to zero people for an entire year. I grew a fear of people, and things in general. Regular school is so much better.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Hmm... a diploma, or certificate of laziness... which would I choose.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
People don't realize High School has nothing to do with academics, its all about socializing...
Real eyes realise real lies.
Are you joking? Online schooling would NOT be a good idea. You should realise by now that when at home you never have the same concentration or 'drive' for doing work that you have at school because there are always distractions around you. The temptation to stop working and grab a guitar or something is always there. God knows revision at home is hard enough.

Suck it up and keep going, it's not that bad. And you should think about changing your attitude - who knows, you might even be able to enjoy it. Being of the opinion that it's all a waste of time and you "hate dealing with the teachers" won't get you very far and will virtually guarantee that you won't enjoy it. In addition, it makes you sound like an arrogant "I'm too intellectual for school" twat. Just a warning.

Quote by Joshrocker48
Its not a waste of time unless begging is your career of choice.

VERY well said, sir.
Social life or mommy's basement?
Easy as that.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
If you begin with a online school, you will loose your friends, get depressed, you won't do any work because you can do other things etc etc...

Just start being positive and all will become more fun
Quote by Zeh
People don't realize High School has nothing to do with academics, its all about socializing...

I agree with this statement. The qualifications you get from school really don't mean much: the real reason you go to school is to learn...not about maths or science or what the capital of Venezuela is, but you learn HOW TO LEARN. By going to school you learn how to apply yourself to doing things you'd rather not be doing, and you learn how to get on with people you'd rather not have anything to do with. This is the importance of school, and it's not going to be the same doing schoolwork at home. Factor in the crushing boredom and probably depression that has already been mentioned, and staying in school really doesn't seem all that bad.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
wtf just suck it up your almost done. i'm a junior and it sucks going to school,but i still have to go. at least ur not a freshman you'd have so many years left.

word, im a freshman and already kinda want to just drop out
Are you aware how anti-social you sound? Make more friends within your classes. Just go to your damned school, yeah? Good.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Are you aware how anti-social you sound? Make more friends within your classes. Just go to your damned school, yeah? Good.

introverted or not, a majority of people i know hate school with a passion
just about everyone does
Everyone who complains how stupid high school is is really immature. I don't hate school.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by digimon go!
introverted or not, a majority of people i know hate school with a passion
just about everyone does

I don't mind it. Sure, I'd rather not have to, but I understand the necessity of it and I have fun with my friends.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Kensai

One of the lunch ladies at my school isn't that bad, actually.

Just suck it up, though. If you're bored at lunch, get some friends. I goto a Catholic High School, the teachers there treat you way better, the school is smaller so I know pretty much everyone, too. Maybe try that? It's hardly religious, anyways.
im a junior and i ****ing hate it haha. yeah idk i want dont really try and ive always done ok. i have an A average. i was able to get a 31 on my ACT and i feel like quiting. theres just no inspiration. idk my grades have been falling. i guess i just need to get my act together