Ok in the last day, i've heard The Yardbirds "Shape Of Things" on a Target add.

And just now they played Hearts "Barracuda"for a car commercial.

I've seen more Classic rock music getting popular and I know all the bands are reuniting.

But seeing them in adds now has really surprised me. Anyone else noticed these?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^Hmm...I know the popular ones like Rock & Roll are always on, though I never expected the early 60's stuff style stuff.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Nah man, it's just that they are not making jingles anymore...they are just reusing old songs...
I have definately noticed a change in songs and soundtracks if that's what you want to call them in adverts, wether that has anything to do with an increase in popularity is another question, I just think it's a new place to go in terms of advertising, something original that people can relate to. I think it's also interesting to note who their target market is, more times than not, you will find the target market are the people who were around that time, in their bandanas and shades chillin' to the sweet sweet sound of a Jimi Hendrix, or Led Zeppelin.
Advertisers gear their adds towards the generations with the most disposable income so the music they pick for the adds is taken from whatever era of music was popular when the customers were younger. Lets say just for example if you were 15-18 when Appetite for Destruction was popular expect to hear them in adds when you are 40
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
i think it has somethiing to do with liscensing maybe. i think the liscense on most of those songs are running out, thus allowing anyone to buy them and use them for whatever purpose they deem fit.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by GOLDIE93
Advertisers gear their adds towards the generations with the most disposable income so the music they pick for the adds is taken from whatever era of music was popular when the customers were younger. Lets say just for example if you were 15-18 when Appetite for Destruction was popular expect to hear them in adds when you are 40

He has that right on the spot. So pretty much, you're old mans generation of music.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Yeah, classic rock is used a ton in commercials.

Uh oh, mainstream sell outs......

Look at The Beatles and their songs.
Quote by GOLDIE93

You sire, have it exactly right. I've noticed that in the past 10 years it changed from 50s and 60s music up to the 70s. I dread the day that I'm middle aged, I really don't want to hear 90s pop and the hip hop crap they have going on today.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
mmmm...define classic rock?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
^Well, you can't spell Crap without Rap.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
They play those songs in the adverts because they are probably trying to appeal to people of 40-50 year sold who remembered the songs in their teens and now have families etc and the cars a most likely family cars.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I thought it was pretty ****ed up when In-a-gadda-da-vida was on a car insurance commercial
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by sargasm
When was classic rock not popular?

Never, that's when.

hmmm..

good point
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by Mr_BTP
i think it has somethiing to do with liscensing maybe. i think the liscense on most of those songs are running out, thus allowing anyone to buy them and use them for whatever purpose they deem fit.

Do you know how long those licences last? I thought it was something like 50 years, that's why everyone is going mental and making new Jimi hendrix DVD sets, and Elvis Albums have suddenly boomed.
Quote by thsrayas
You sire, have it exactly right. I've noticed that in the past 10 years it changed from 50s and 60s music up to the 70s. I dread the day that I'm middle aged, I really don't want to hear 90s pop and the hip hop crap they have going on today.

o god i was hoping that crap would be gone in a few years i dont want to hear again when im 45...
Quote by pfizer
Okay then, let's say I've got enough food to feed Yngwie Malmsteen for a day (about 6 months for regular people).
Quote by PurpleSpark73
o god i was hoping that crap would be gone in a few years i dont want to hear again when im 45...

I think you'll find we have soem awesome material to look forward to, born in a casket by cannibal corpse and some american idiot.
Quote by thsrayas
I dread the day that I'm middle aged, I really don't want to hear 90s pop and the hip hop crap they have going on today.

Yeah, cause it's not like there wasn't pop music in the 80's that dominated like today