Christmas is on its way and my birthday is in 3 weeks time.

Im going to Music Live next weekend with a wad of cash to fund both.

Im looking for a new guitar, a set neck Les paul shape would be nice (Not epi) and the Tokai Love Rocks look pretty sweet..

I'll have around £200-250.

Suggestions for alternatives?

I play rock, metal, blues etc

And id like it to be able to handle Zakk Wylde stuff

Cheers
Coaxke
^ not for £250 in the UK...

If you can get up to around £300, a washburn x50 pro, or if you can find one, wi65 pro, might be a good idea. Yamaha aes 620 is probably also worth a look.

MIJ tokais are very nice- the korean/chinese ones, which you'd be looking at at your price, are alright, but not as nice as the MIJ ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmm, what kind of p-ups od the washburns have?

Also, do they have taht VOC or whatever it is?

Cheers
When I went to Denmark Street a couple of days ago there were a lot of nice range of Tokai guitars in the shops there. I'm pretty sure there were some decent ones for that kinda price.

If you can get to London, I recommend it dude. It's an easy to find street too, just off of Oxford Street and approaching Soho. You could probably get some of the guitars a lot cheaper on the internet, but that place is great for trying stuff out.
Quote by Steve The Plank
When I went to Denmark Street a couple of days ago there were a lot of nice range of Tokai guitars in the shops there. I'm pretty sure there were some decent ones for that kinda price.

If you can get to London, I recommend it dude. It's an easy to find street too, just off of Oxford Street and approaching Soho. You could probably get some of the guitars a lot cheaper on the internet, but that place is great for trying stuff out.

Ive been to london 2 years running for family holidays and been to Denmark Street both times :P Each time spent my holiday money on a pile of crap that has been sold very shortly after :/

Im using a J&D brothers LP copy atm, had it 5 years and looking for an upgrade
^ agreed, denmark street is a great place to try, but not to buy.

Quote by Coaxke
Hmm, what kind of p-ups od the washburns have?

Also, do they have taht VOC or whatever it is?

Cheers

duncan custom custom in the bridge, and a '59 in the neck. pretty sweet for a £300 guitar. the yamaha has a bridge JB... not just as nice, IMO, but again definitely a bonus for a sub-£300 guitar.

yeah, the washburns have that voc to get single-coily tones. The x50 has a push-pull switch, which IMO is better, as that means you still retain your tone knob. Of course, if you never use your tone knob anyway, it doesn't matter.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?