Hi, the guitarist in my band is thinking of getting a Marshall DSL 401 amp, he plays various styles, including mainly rock/hard rock and funk. So good cleans and distortion are needed. He plays an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Ltd. and we would like to know your opinions on the amp and if it will be loud enough for gigging.
Cheers

Originally posted by Lorddrg7
If crap came in a package, it would probably be wrapped in this
Wow, thats possibly the best response I could have had.

what kind of budget is he on?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
His budget is £400 possibly able to stretch slightly over but not by much!

what kind of rock and hard rock, basically?

you have a couple of options- marshall dsl401, ashdown fallen angel, peavey valveking, peavey classic 30, randall rg50tc, laney vc or lc30, etc.

Basically depends how heavy rock he plays, and which he prefers, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?