There's a peavey triple xxx 2x12 cab in craigslist for cheap, but the seller didn't say the impedence of the cab. So I googled it, and found this:
http://djtronix.com/petrxxx212ca.html
It says that it is 16 Ohms mono, 8 Ohms stereo... What does that mean? Will it work with my 16 ohm tube head (my head isn't a peavey xxx)?
It should, you dont need the same model cab for the head.

How much is it? You might just be better ordering a new cab from Avatar with Celestions for around $200-250.
I was actually just on avatar about to buy a 1x12 with a celestion g12h30, but thought I'd glance at craigslist and ebay first, and found this cab for $100. (usd).
You can use it. The XXX cab has Sheffield. Not bad speakers... just a little mid-rangy and trebley than I like.

What head do you have?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Quote by srv2112
I was actually just on avatar about to buy a 1x12 with a celestion g12h30, but thought I'd glance at craigslist and ebay first, and found this cab for $100. (usd).

Good buy.
"
-Maynard

| |
no they dont that defintely dont have shefeilds trust me they have peavy specialily designed XXX speakers read the link......
Quote by convictionless
no they dont that defintely dont have shefeilds trust me they have peavy specialily designed XXX speakers read the link......

I think I know what I'm talking about. I've owned over 8 XXX in the past 2 or 3 months alone!

here is a picture I took of one that I sold last week.

"
-Maynard

| |
/\ haha, I believe you then. You seem more reliable
Also, I have an orange tiny terror head.