So I found this really beat up pedal at my church, but it was an mxr, and it looked pretty awesome so i replaced the battery and tried it out. It sounded pretty good, and I'd like one now, but they seem to have changed it.

This is what the new style looks like

The one I found is a distortion +, but one of the knobs is a different style, its olive green, and it doesn't have an LED. Would the new one sound the same?
first off, why does your church have random old distortion pedals lying around?
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
go to a guitar center(or a similar store) and ask to try one out. its not like they wont let you. its a guitar store, they sell pedals, you play your guitar through a pedal, so why not let the poor chap at the other edge of the counter try before he buys?
what about the one you found? cant you keep that?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
what about the one you found? cant you keep that?

No, that would be stealing from God, and God needs distortion pedals.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

dude that might be vintage or something how old does it look, is there any numbers on it that might indicate that its vintage
Quote by PerpetualBurn
No, that would be stealing from God, and God needs distortion pedals.

I just about snorted a lung out!

Edit: sigged!
lawls.........what? ya dude you need to tone down the jesus freak jesus isnt watching....sometimes.......so maybe if you just "forget" that the pedal is in your hand he wont see it

>.>

<.<
Well, I think that some one left it there, just nobody seems to know who, so I might be able to buy it, but it will depend on whether the owner shows up.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I just about snorted a lung out!

Edit: sigged!

Haha
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Pictures? Sounds to me like an older one that had its finish age, and has the knob covers on. What is the logo look like? If its a script logo, you've got a winner, and don't let it go!
is it the church of randy rhoads?

just ask them if you can buy it off them for a fair price. don't go ripping churches off.. its bad karma
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.