right first off il ask... what difficulty level would they be? cos iv been told they r a beginner technique although both me and a friend kinda struggle wi them a bit.

secondly... i know that i need to catch the string with part of ma finger after striking it with the pick, but iv found like 2 or 3 places on the string that give me different pitches... where abouts should i be hittin? the part that sounds the highest?
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
thats the key, you can strike different parts. Its up to you what pitch you want. The trick is all in where you strike it. Its like how you can pull harmonics at different spots on the neck, 12 7 3 etc except with pinch harmonics its different locations over the body. Relative to the distance of the fret.
the beauty of pinch harmonics is that you can catch the string at different places to make different pitches, it just depends on what the song calls for

edit: man! ultimo beat me to it!
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
awrite so basically if the tab says its on the 7th fret then i just need to hit all areas to find out what pitch it is? kl

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Yeah, basically.

If you're using a strat styled guitar a few of the places are behind the neck p-up right in front of the middle pick up and on either side of the bridge pickup.

Edit: I like how I wrote "Pick up" three different ways
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I love them.

I miss playing the guitar now somewhat ( I traded for bass) because the lack of Pinches.
so what about a double humbucker style? i play a strat style but also a double humbucker, i know theres 1 above the front of the neck pickup but dunno where else

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
i think one of the hardest places to do a spontaneous pinch harmonic is the 1st fret of the A string for the song Hammer Smashed Face... i just cant do it lol
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
I don't really know either... I played a strat for a year, so when I got my PRS i could just do it. Try just hitting them up and down
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i'd say intermediate, if not advanced to make them sound really good (i.e. vibrato etc.). holy crap with the way "beginner" is bandied about around here, freeform jazz fusion and malmsteen will soon be "beginner" material...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ +1

I would by no means say they are beginner stuff. High-intermediate maybe. They can take a long time to get the hang of, especially to do on every string.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're an advanced technique - there's no point trying them until you can pick cleanly and accurately. You also need a decent knowledge of the physics behind the guitar to enable you to locate harmonic nodes and understand what exactly is happening.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i dont think they are all that hard. i find it easier to do pinches on a guitar with 'buckers. my favorite spot on the guitar is probably right behind the neck pickup. oh and by the way..... you must have alot to medium gain on your distortion channel to hear them properly
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.
You mightn't think they're that hard, but it doesn't stop them being an advanced technique. There's far too much basic stuff that you need to have at your disposal before you have a hope of pulling them off.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
agreed, mark.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Yeah, basically.

If you're using a strat styled guitar a few of the places are behind the neck p-up right in front of the middle pick up and on either side of the bridge pickup.

Edit: I like how I wrote "Pick up" three different ways

lol

im agreeing with everyone else X_________X