What do you guys think about a telecaster with a bigsby instead of the regular tailpiece? I might try and get a tele for christmas and buy a bigsby.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
I think it would be a very, very, vey sexy guitar. but the bridge pickup is in the birdge itself how would it work?
Personally, I think it has a better tone with it's regular bridge, but that's just my taste. You should go and try one out to see how it feels/sounds.
There are bigsby bridges made for teles which have the bridge pickup hole already in it.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
one sexy guitar i would say, except not the wood colour
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by martyr1130
dudes, im gonna put a floyd rose in a tele!!! it'll be awesome!

no offence but imo that would look bad...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I dunno. I've always seen the Tele as a more basic instrument, nothing too flashy but it does its job well. The Bigsby just, I dunno, throws off the whole "working man's" guitar image in my eyes.....

Still, Bigsbys are awesome in general. couldn't hurt to try one.
Quote by SRVspeaks
What do you guys think about a telecaster with a bigsby instead of the regular tailpiece? I might try and get a tele for christmas and buy a bigsby.

why not just buy a tele with one already on it...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Series--60s-Custom-Telecaster-with-Bigsby-Electric-Guitar-515123-i1148579.gc
Quote by RetroGunslinger
It will be cheaper to buy them seperate and What color would look good?
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
^ +1, that's bound to be the handiest thing. Unless they're an easy retrofit (I have no idea). Other advantage would be you could try it first to see if you like it. EDIT: to fifer. And I did not realise about the price. EDIT: butterscotch blonde/natural (as above) looks badass if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh man, ive been looking for a new guitar to build, and a Tele w/ a Bigsby sounds sweet!
Hmm, would making it a thinline body affect the tone in any way w/ a Bigsby?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I would get the b-16 for it.

EDIT:b5
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Last edited by SRVspeaks at Oct 27, 2007,
oo, I didnt know your budget...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I put a Bigsby B5 on my Tele and am not thrilled with it. If you do this plan on buying a different bridge and throwing the B5 supplied bridge in the garbage. Maybe a nice roller bridge. I haven't gotten around to figuring out what bridge to get yet, but the B5 bridge is not staying on my Tele. The saddle ridges do not keep the strings in the right location because the strings come off the trem at an angle that pulls the outside ones in. The saddle height screws are not a good machine fit to the threads and move on their own. Maybe Locktite is a solution, but it's indicative of a shabby design, which it is. The trem itself seems quality made. But the bridge is cheesy crap.
Have a look at my thread I got a 2007 MIJ tele 52 RI with bigsby great stuff
My Guitar

Quote by metacarpi
Do it once, it's a mistake.

Keep doing it, it's Jazz.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.
haven´t you heard about the curse?!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
haven´t you heard about the curse?!

I think we have all heard of it, and think its BS.

But anyway.

I love the look of bigsbys, I think they look The Sex, but the problem with them is that your tele is now not a string through right? This takes away some of the sustain, which IMO the tele doesnt exactly have enough to through away like that.

But....they still look The Sex on the tele.
the only tele id ever buy would be the bigsby version.

tele is too "meat and potatoes" for me as they are.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX