I was looking thru ebay ( i know a bad thing i ussally dont) but i found THIS. do you think it looks fishy ? Has good feedback, but never know these days. And is that the same as a standard? I really dont like SG's (just the bodyreally i like the neck alot for some reason.) AND i only have a MIM fender strat and i need something to rock my 5150 i just bought today. THANKS!!
If you wanna buy an used S.G check out local music stores and pawn shops just so you can play it first - You never know if your going to get sent a piece of **** or not.
yeah it looks good, ask him to take some more pictures

and hey another lefty! join my lefties group in my signature, always good to have another lefty join

i used to want a Gibson SG myself, but the i rethought my priorities and thought that a dean would be best for me

a buddy of mine has an SG and its an amazing guitar, the neck on it is awesome, the body is really light, and good for metal as well
i thought something was wrong... then i realised its a lefty...

mmm... i dont know... i dont trust what i cant try before buying
yea. I have been looking around lately but its getting harder and harder to find Leftys here. I checked about everywere and they all the saem thing a MIM fender strat..or squires
yeah it looks good, ask him to take some more pictures

and hey another lefty! join my lefties group in my signature, always good to have another lefty join

i used to want a Gibson SG myself, but the i rethought my priorities and thought that a dean would be best for me

a buddy of mine has an SG and its an amazing guitar, the neck on it is awesome, the body is really light, and good for metal as well

Yeah there was a Black Standard SG with emg 81/60 at the guitar shop like 20 mins from my house, but i didnt wana dish out $1,650 for it sences thats just rape.

And sure ill join your leftys group
if u want to talk guitars a bit more message me, ive researched so many lefty guitars

an SG (if its an honest deal) is a really good guitar that should last you for a long time

for me thoe, i like to have my guitar either heavily downtuned or have a whammy bar, which is why i rethought the SG

i keep my ibanez in drop A and my deans for standard/drop D ****.
It looks okay. But what I find is fishy is the Gibson Victory srat copy he's selling aswell.
Why not just buy an SG neck and do some tweaking to get it to fit you're Strat?

B/c i want EMG's. (Sorry for the double post i have dial up and it takes a long time to "edit" and delete stuff"

Yea, honestly i dont like Floyd's at all. Ive had 2 and both were more trouble then there worth almost. I almost got the FBD but at the time i didnt wana dish out $1,100 at that time.

And i was thinking about a les paul, i played a few but i cant dish that out right now, sence i have a 5150 BLOCK in mint condtion with brand new tubes sitting in my room and no cab and a MIM fender strat

EDIT: IS THAT A SG STANDARD? OR SOMETHING ELSE. IT LOOKS JUST LIKE A STANDARD. THANKS (might be a dumb question but i dont really look at SG's much so dont make fun of me )
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Oct 27, 2007,
a cab might be your first priority then

great guitar deals will always come and go

but a 5150 with no cab... that would drive me insane

thats like having your cake... but you cant eat it for some reason
That definitely looks legit. SG's aren't as expensive as Les Pauls, and it's a lefty, so that price seems about right.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
and yeah u can put EMG's in an SG, it will cost an extra hundred bucks or so

and batteries

Yea, i have 81/60s but i was talking about my Strat..has singles
nice, ive always wanted to try out a strat with EMG's

too lazy to buy a cheap squier or agile and put singles in it
Guys, don't forget that it's an SG Special. Not a standard.

Yea thats what ive been trying to find out. Is it close to a standard? And how much do they go for new.
Quote by jimmy666page666
Yea thats what ive been trying to find out. Is it close to a standard? And how much do they go for new.

Usually around $700
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
It loosk good enough to me. Not as nice as the genuine 1972 SG i saw today but yeah its definitely a Gibson lol. You might want some more pictures, coz you wanna be able to see all the alleged damage to it.
If you don't like the SG, why are you wanting to get an SG?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^ i missed that first time round. i think he just wants a gibson.. *sigh*
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
If you don't like the SG, why are you wanting to get an SG?

Well i'm just asking if it looks fishy or not...never said im gonna go buy one.

^ i missed that first time round. i think he just wants a gibson.. *sigh*

i was just looking thru ebay and happened to find it, and i dont want just a gibson