Ok so ii bought a fender FM212R 100 watt last week and its been alright so far and ive been planning on buying a BOSS ME-50 since this amp lacks the distorion quality i want. But my problem is whenever the amp volume is past 2 some major highpitched feedback comes along and sounds terrible ive tried standing 10 feet away from the amp facing away from it and i still get feedback so how do i get rid of this feedback. and will it get worse when i have more distortion with the pedal im planning on getting. so how do i stop feedback!!!

thanks guys
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
turn the volume down
turn the gain down
stand further away from your amp
get a better amp
put it on a chair so you don't have to turn it up as much.

there's not much you can do other than that.

and yes, it will get worse with a pedal.
i'd get a whole new amp instead of the FM+ a boss me-50 actually.
yea man I got the fm half stack and trust me it sucks major balls. I was an upgrade form that mg I had tho:P. it's better then a lot of solid state amps I have played but I would just save up and buy a better tube amp like I'm currently doing. but as to the feedback I have never had that problem with my amp. try turning your gain down a bit.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
What kind of guitar do you have? If you've got an axe with a tremelo (springs in the back), I've found opening that panel on the back and shoving a bunch of cotton balls in there can help. It sounds like your problem extends beyond anything this will fix, but I've found that damping the spring vibration back there can help in a pinch. Good luck =)
nah i got a gibson style solid bridge but thanks

ya im fed up with this amp right now the guy told me it was a metal amp but that was bull**** im just gonna return it.

thanks for the help guys
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks
^^ wouldnt that make it feed back like it does now with the high gain?
Quote by Mackawade

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks