Hey, quick question, for something like:

E Ionian:
|---------------------------------------------------------12----|
|-------------------------------------------------14-16--------|
|-------------------------------------13-14-16----------------|
|-------------------------13-14-16----------------------------|
|-------------12-14-16----------------------------------------|
|-12-14-16----------------------------------------------------|

For a three fret stretch like 12-14-16, what would the fingering go? I usually go 12 (Index), 14 (Ring), 16 (Pinky), but is it more correct to go 12 (Index), 14 (Middle), 16 (Pinky)?
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
What I do is probably totally wrong, but I do Index, Middle, Ring...but sometimes I slide my middle finger instead of using the ring finger.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Correct technique is to use index, middle, pinky. But up real high on the fretboard there's lots of possibilities since the frets are so close together. If you're trying to get really fast though, you'll want to stick with correct technique so that you can get it in your muscle memory.
I would say index - mid - ring, but if you've got REALLy small hands, I guess I'd go Index - Ring - (shift) Pinky - (shift back) etc. Try not to do that though. Leaves too much room for mistakes and playing too slowly.
Last edited by srv2112 at Oct 27, 2007,
The correct way is index, ring, pinky; though if you wanna be able to stretch your finger out, then totally go for the index midle, pinky (or instead of pink try to be hardcore and go for ring). It just really helps stretch your hand out, if you use your middle instead of your ring (its harder with the middle too obviously).
Quote by DreamFactory
The correct way is index, ring, pinky; though if you wanna be able to stretch your finger out, then totally go for the index midle, pinky (or instead of pink try to be hardcore and go for ring). It just really helps stretch your hand out, if you use your middle instead of your ring (its harder with the middle too obviously).

Quote by Blaster Bob
Correct technique is to use index, middle, pinky. But up real high on the fretboard there's lots of possibilities since the frets are so close together. If you're trying to get really fast though, you'll want to stick with correct technique so that you can get it in your muscle memory.

:P So which one is right?
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
Quote by Blaster Bob

+1

But do what feels comfortable.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08