Well, yesterday I was doing some customizing with my guitar, and I needed to unscrew some of the screws holding the pick guard on. But, I accidentally unscrewed one of the screws right next to my humbucker and it dropped down through the hole in the pick guard. So, I figured no problem I'll just screw it back in when I'm finished. So I take it and screw the thing back in. Then I plug the guitar into my amp, turn it on and select the humbucker. I realized the sound wasn't the same as it was before. It wasn't getting the distortion it usually gets. For example if I turn the gain up to 10, it sounds like it's at 6 or 7. Before, I used to get good distortion, now it seems like my guitar lost distortion or something. Can anyone think of what might have happened? Something I did when I screwed it back in or something?

Oh, btw my guitar has a HSS configuration and it's shaped like a strat if that helps.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
You've probably ended up screwing the pickup too far into the body. Loosen the screw carfully, and you'll see the pickup moving closer to the strings. The closer to the body, the more output you'll get.
I'm a communist. Really.
maybe the wiring connection is weaker than normal. u might need to re-wire it. the only thing i can think of otherwise is the HB broke when it hit. but its probably not that.
Raziel2p was right. I screwed it in too far. I loosened it back up so the pickup is a little closer to the strings and now it sounds just like it did before. Much appreciated, thanks guys.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
And thats why you should check your pickup height!

But beware, if it is too high, the magnets pull your strings out of tune.